Elvis Week 2022

Hello lovely people!

So from August 9th-August 17th, it's going to officially be Elvis Week for 2022! In the past, I've done small things like blast his music but since this is first time I'm on a platform like this, I thought a little thing might be nice.

I was torn between lots of ideas and initially I was hoping to write a story with a prompt each day. But, I've already written so many and don't know what prompts would work for each day as there isn't a more universal thing (like there is for say, Sherlolly week). I also have a job and don't want to promise too many things because I don't know what my schedule will look like. It's retail and that can be incredibly draining. This is meant to be fun for both you and myself, and the last thing I want is writing fanfic to turn into a chore.

Sooooo we've got a compromise of sorts. Each day of this week, I will be doing some small thing to honor Elvis. Not all of them are going to be on here because I'm a fan outside of Fanfiction. But I thought I'd share because you guys geek out just as much as me, and it's part of the fun.

Here's the schedule I've broken down -

August 9th: playlist of songs I've used for fanfics
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3O7A1XZvHfMFFvNe6fZRJe?si=MS-UEfUrTwKWpIhRxt75gw

August 10th: watch 'Girls, Girls, Girls!' or 'Viva Las Vegas'

August 11th: fanfic upload and drink a Pepsi

August 12th: watch 'King Creole' or 'Jailhouse Rock'

August 13th: fanfic upload and try a peanut butter and banana sandwich

August 14th: watch 'That's The Way It Is' or 'Blue Hawaii'

August 15th: fanfic upload and listen to my playlist

August 16th: listen to the '68 Comeback Special

August 17th: watch 'Elvis' movie

These are just for fun. I'm sharing it because you might like to join in but it is in no means a requirement. Fandoms are never meant to be anything more than enjoyment and admiration for the creation. And I've tried to make them all small, not too difficult things. Hence why I didn't put a new fanfic each day because I don't want to promise anything I can't keep.

One note about the playlist, I predict that I will be very bad at remember to add new fics/songs to it so just know that every fic I make has a song title. ALSO I often choose songs based on their title to fit the fic, so the vibe of the song might not always fit what I've written. I know that, but I do it because it allows for me to write more versatile stories and recommend fun songs. Just so you know if you decide to play it while reading (like Devil in Disguise is very different). If that link doesn't work, let me know! It should be Elvis Week 2022 on Spotify with a picture of him holding a cup :)

I probably won't mention it much outside of this chapter, but feel free to comment on any chapters or my message board if you are doing any of these or what you are doing to remember and celebrate Elvis and his legacy. This is all out of love!