It's Only Love - Austin Butler

A/N: request by @1-800-lana you get a cookie for being possibly the most patient person alive, I thank you 🍪

You teased your hair once more before stepping out of the limo, reaching for Austin's extended hand. You'd never been to the Met Gala before, and tried your best to match Austin. He wore a handsome black on black Prada suit, silk and soft to the touch. Your dress was long, silky with bell sleeves that flowed as you moved your hair from your face.

Lights started to flash suddenly, voices screaming for all different sorts of celebrities. And you. This was never the life you imagined for yourself, walking red carpets and wearing designer gowns. You were here because of your work as Priscilla Presley in Baz Luhrmann's Elvis movie. Another thought that made you pinch yourself. Any trace of anxiety seemed to leave, though, when you looked to Austin. His face was kind, warm and inviting. He looked just delightful in his suit, his tan skin reflecting off the lights. And his pink lips were curled up in a little smile, hand immediately holding yours as the two of you slowly began to walk up the stairs.

"You look beautiful," Austin whispered in your ear, then kissed your cheek. The clicks of a thousand cameras let you know that picture would be on hundreds of social media accounts by the end of the night. You didn't mind, it was Austin after all.

At the top of the lowest set of stairs, Baz and Catherine were posing sweetly. Baz saw the two of you and ran over, grasping you in tight hugs.

"Aus, channeling Elvis as always. Y/N, you look gorgeous. The hair is so classic, Priscilla would be so proud."

You smiled softly. You always had a soft spot in your heart for Priscilla Presley, though you'd never met her. She'd committed suicide just a year after Elvis passed, putting an even sadder ending to the already sad tale. If you could do anything to honor her, you thought honoring her most iconic looks would help. Hence the high hair and flowing sleeves. And Baz, of course, recognized it immediately.

"Thank you, I'm wearing a necklace of hers," you lifted it from your chest. "Lisa Marie gave it to me."

Baz stared in awe and you felt Austin squeeze your hand. When you looked up, he was just looking at you with those beautiful blue eyes. He looked happy, if not a little emotional.

"Well, the show must go on!" Baz laughed and turned back to Catherine, climbing the set of stairs and posing for cameras.

You and Austin separated so you could get individual shots of your outfits. You made sure to show off the necklace, two strings of beautiful pearls that lay between your breasts. They contrasted to the silky black.

When you came back to him, the cameras going even more wild as you linked hands, a reporter came up quickly.

"Austin, Y/N! I'm Riley with the New York Daily News, I just had a couple of questions about the most recent controversy regarding the Elvis movie. Are you aware that fans believe the two of you to be the reincarnates of Elvis and Priscilla?"

Austin let out a rumbled laugh, his hand sliding around your waist, "now that's high praise."

"Fans have pointed to your appearances and your relationship, including the same 10 year age gap, and noted the similarities. What do you say to that?"

The microphone was shoved near your face and you tried to ignore it, "I don't know much about past lives, but to be Priscilla Presley in my last life would have been an honor."

"All we can really say is that we are flattered," Austin said. "They were excellent people."

"And what about -"

"I'm so sorry to cut you off but we really must be going," Austin said, giving them a soft wave as the two of you walked up the carpeted stairs.

"It's a sweet thought but I sincerely doubt it," you commented once you got some distance from the reporter.

"It's only out of love."

"I know. I wish they could be here tonight."

He leaned over and whispered softly in your ear, "she would be so proud of you."

Then he kissed you softly on the mouth, earning a gasp from the crowd. The rest of the night, he wore a soft red imprint of your lipstick.