It's Midnight - Austin Butler

A/N : i think I've been so busy that I keep pushing the shorter ones your way cause I wanna give you content

You woke up in the middle of the night with Austin's arm draped around your waist. You'd been drifting in and out of sleep for hours and now you blinked up at the wall, listening to the even breaths of Austin next to you. The window was closed, the drapes pulled together, but a sliver of the moonlight came in and cascaded itself on the ceiling. You watched as the light moved gently.

When it disappeared, perhaps the moon had gone behind a cloud, the dark ceiling was a little too creepy for your taste. Gently, you set Austin's arm by his side instead of on top of you. Then you went for your robe on the back of the door. Typically you only slept in a tank top and panties, but a small chill went through the apartment and you wanted the warm covering.

Wrapping it tightly around your waist you padded through the small apartment towards the living room. You'd left the drapes open so the moonlight was free to cover the room in shades of silver and grey.

You went to sit on the edge of the couch, watching the stars in the sky twinkle. A shine of something white caught your attention and you leaned forward, thinking you'd made it up. Through the glass of the window, you saw soft snowflakes begin to fall from the sky.

Eagerly, you went to the small balcony and opened it to step out. The flakes came down gently and when you lifted your hand, they melted at your touch. You stuck your tongue out to catch some of them, giggling at the feeling of them in your hair.

A warm pair of hands wrapped around your waist from behind and you turned in the grasp to see Austin. He was topless with his grey sweatpants and his hair was completely messed up. His face was still covered in a layer of sleep but he had a lazy smile on his face as he held his hand out to feel the snow.

"It's snowing," you said with a quiet, excited tone.

"I see that," he replied, leaning his head back to catch some of the snowflakes in his mouth similar to what you had done earlier. You chuckled at it and Austin looked back down with a laugh, "what are you laughing at?"

"Oh it's nothing."

"Silly girl," he said, kissing the tip of your nose and hugging you tighter. His blonde hair now had snow tucked in between its curls and you smiled at the image. His body was hot against yours, and you laid your head on his chest as the two of you softly swayed to the first snow of the season.