Welcome to My World - Austin Butler

A/N : request on ao3! My back hurts. Also 150k?! Holy shit!

You scrolled through your phone mindlessly as you ate the leftover ravioli from the night before. Different girls wearing different outfits, bands performing at various areas, fan edits of Stranger Things, it was all the same. You got a notification of an email from your manager and you clicked on it.

Your manager, Tanya, was a kind woman although she was very rigid with her schedules. Each month she would send out exactly where you needed to be. Usually it wasn't too overwhelming because it was auditions, and those got pretty repetitive with time. But ever since you'd landed the role of Priscilla Presley in Baz Luhrmann's biopic about Elvis, what was casual schedule has become jam packed.

You scrolled through the lists of interviews and galas and dates with Austin and appointments and fittings and screenings... the list only seemed to expand with each scroll and you realized that you barely had time to exist between these timelines.

Then your phone started to buzz with all the notifications from Instagram you'd been ignoring. Thousands of messages, some from very loving fans and others from promoters wanting you to wear some shitty item. It was so so much. Your heart started to beat quickly in your chest and you dropped your fork in the bowl.

You heard a click and you gasped, looking up to see a camera poking through one of the bushes of your backyard and pointed towards you. Even in your own home, you were being watched and judged. You went to the curtains and slammed them shut, quickly running to the bathroom. It was the only room without windows or any way that an outsider could see inside.

You went to the floor, knees at your chest as you held your head. You tried to calm your breathing, deep breaths through the nose and out through the mouth. But every breath reminded you of the things you needed to do.

You had meetings and interviews, publicity stunts and fittings, you had to audition for a new movie and you had to lose 10 pounds for a potential runway you knew you didn't want to do. And all the while fans messaged you a range of things, paparazzi found your home and caught shots of you eating day old ravioli, and all you really wanted was a nice, warm bath.

"Y/N? Baby..." you hadn't realized Austin was home until he kneeled in front of you. You hadn't even realized that you'd been crying or hyperventilating either, it just came over you.

He looked handsome today. Austin wore a brown leather jacket on top of a white t-shirt and jeans. His blonde hair was tousled and his freckles were dark from his time in the sun. But most of all, his blue eyes were wide with worry and his strong hands went to hold your shoulders. His touch anchored you a little, but you still couldn't form words as you hiccuped.

"Y/N, baby, what's going on?"

You gestured to your phone on the counter. Austin didn't even look at it or ask more questions, not yet at least. He took off his jacket, leaned on the wall, and pulled you to him. You cried onto his chest, your breathing irregular. Austin gently took one of your hands from your head, your fingers tangled in your hair. When had you started to pull at your hair?

Your whole sense of reality had been shifted. What had only felt like moments must have been significantly longer but Austin didn't seem to judge. He sat on the bathroom floor, hand running up and down your back as you cried. You noticed that he started to even out his breathing so you'd match it, and it worked.

After a few minutes you were calmer, and pulled yourself away to assess the situation. Austin was looking at you fondly, his hand still holding yours.

"I-I'm sorry," you said, your voice hoarse.

"No need to be."

"I thought this would be easier," you admitted, laughing bitterly as you wiped tears away. "It seems so easy. God I must be weak."

Austin rubbed his thumb along your knuckles, "welcome to my world, baby. It's definitely not easy. You aren't weak for struggling with hard things."

You smiled softly, appreciating his encouragement. Austin kissed your forehead, standing and helping you up. He hugged you and led you to the living room where he'd closed all the curtains. It was dark but you found it strangely comforting.

Austin sat on the couch and you laid next to him. He didn't turn on a movie or music, the two of you just laid together in the darkness. It was nice. Austin didn't make you feel stupid or foolish for having these feelings, he just guided you and let you use him as a source of comfort.

You relaxed into him, feeling the stress not subside but evolve. You could do this. You could do this because you had Austin as your support system and the world wouldn't be ready for all you could do.