Playing for Keeps - Elvis

A/N : notebook inspired request by @gurl97782 might do part two with a different scene

From on top of the Ferris Wheel, the carnival blended together in a bright colored mix of lights. You eyed the games and prizes, families lined up to collect their elephant ears or cotton candy. Even under the night sky, the carnival was positively alive.

Betty, your best friend, gasped and pointed in the direction of one of the carnival games. She leaned over the edge of the scrappy little Ferris wheel cart and waved her hand eagerly, calling out, "Jerry! Jerry!"

You followed her line of vision to see two men not far from the Ferris wheel at all. Jerry, Betty's boyfriend, paused whacking the large mallet and waved up at her. He was deathly afraid of heights, hence why you sat next to your bubbly friend instead of him. Beside Jerry was a man you didn't know. He was handsome, tall with tan skin and shiny black hair slicked back on his head. He wore a racy black lace shirt tucked into white pants, and even from a distance you could see that he had a devilish smirk on his face.

When you saw him, he also seemed to see you. His eyes trapped yours and you suddenly very much wished he was closer. You wondered what color they were, what emotion they were conveying because they would not leave yours in a heartbeat.

"Elvis Presley," Betty said plainly, "he's real into music."

You finally tore your gaze away from the man, Elvis you suppose, and gave Betty a confused look, "what?"

She rolled her eyes, "the guy you were flirting with. His name is Elvis Presley."

"I was not flirting!"

"Well, whatever you were doing keep doing it. He's staring right at you," she said, gesturing back to Elvis who was, indeed, staring at you with a deep intensity. He lifted an arm, tan muscle flexing as he gave you a wave. You waved back, a little entranced by him.

"Oh that was subtle," Betty snorted.

You rolled your eyes, "he seems nice."

"He looks nice," she corrected. "They're all nice."

You watched as Elvis turned to Jerry and they exchanged some conversation. He was no longer looking at you but you couldn't seem to tear your gaze away from him. The Ferris Wheel cart started to head down and you gripped the back in surprise.

Betty started to talk about Jerry and the date they had shared just the night before. From the corner of your eye, you saw Elvis quickly approach the Ferris Wheel but thought nothing of it. Then your cart made a loud thud and dangerously swung back and forth as Elvis Presley jumped into the cart. You watched with wide eyes, gripping onto the edge and nervously laughing at the sight of him now clutching the corners. Betty gasped in shock.

"Hey! You can't do that!" The operator said from below, but the Ferris Wheel had already started to spin away.

"I'll pay ya when I get down!" He yelled, then turned to you. With a smirk he offered his hand and said, "I'm Elvis. Elvis Presley."

"I'm Y/N," you said a little breathlessly, staring up at him. His shirt cut low and he was taking deep breaths from the jump. You tried to not stare, it was impolite.

"Lovely to meet ya," he said with a small smile.

"No more than 2 in a chair, Elvis!" The operator yelled again.

"Okay!" He yelled back down, straightening up quickly and making the cart shake violently back and forth.

"Stop it, Elvis!" Betty screamed, clutching your arm. "You're going to tip us over!"

"No I ain't," Elvis said, looking up and jumping to grab the railing above. His body was off the cart and it did start to slow down, but it now meant that he was dangling on the architecture of a stupid carnival attraction.

"Get down! You're going to fall and kill yourself!" You screamed, suddenly very anxious for Elvis's future.

"You're right little mama," Elvis said, screwing his face up in pain. "I ain't gonna hold on much longer, Ima fall!"

Then his arm slipped and you screeched, covering your face with your hands in horror. When you opened your eyes to see Elvis's corpse on the ground, all you saw was a cheeky grin as he held himself but one arm.

"You Devil!" You said, gasping and holding your chest to suppress the anxiety you'd felt. He pouted his lip at you.

"Sure thang, think you'll go on a date with me?"

"A date?" Your eyebrows popped up. He was holding himself on a Ferris wheel and he was asking about a date? Seriously?

"Yes ma'am, a date."

"You are just playing."

"Naw," he said, attempting a shrug that was a little difficult in his position.

"You think you're so smart, don't you?"

Betty shook her head, still recovering from the fright, "it wasn't funny, Elvis."

"It was a little funny."

"I'll take care of this," you said, reaching over to mess with Elvis's belt buckle. He wiggled his body away but he couldn't do much. You got the belt loose and the pants fell around his ankles, revealing some very tight black underwear. He got bright red.

"I'll get you back for this," he said, half as a joke and half as a way to save face from essentially flashing strangers.

"Sure thing, big boy." You commented and Betty couldn't help but burst into laughter.