Wheels on My Heels - Elvis

A/N : incredibly stupid (and historically inaccurate) idea but I had to do it

You tried to suppress your laughter by having your palm over your mouth as you watched Elvis strap on his new shoes. Heelys is what they were called and Jerry had bought them for Elvis for his birthday. He seemed confused but almost instantly slid the shoes onto his feet.

In the background, a cheesy rendition of 'I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus' was playing. The Christmas tree glowed bright with ornaments and the multicolored wrapping paper littered the ground.

"Careful!" You laugh as he goes to stand, arms waving by his side as he tries for his balance. He brought an arm down to the couch to get himself steady while you giggled. Jerry was leaning against the mantle of the fireplace with some brandy, sipping and chuckling to himself.

"Don't you laugh at me!" Elvis said in a teasing voice, leaning back so the wheel would start. He sped off towards the archway, nearly landing into it and crashing. With a loud laugh he turned towards you. Jerry and you couldn't contain your laughter at the sight. "Well I'll be damned!"

Elvis tried again, actually banging into the other side of the archway and falling to the floor. He sputtered and giggled, trying to stand. But when the wheels caught on the hardwood he landed on the floor again.

You came over, laughing, and offering your hand. He grabbed it, but again fell down and you came with him. As the song shifted to 'Jingle Bells' you were on the floor with Elvis, him struggling to get up and you struggling to get up because he was struggling. Every step he took, the Heely would send his foot flying because he didn't know how to use it.

Jerry slapped a hand to his face and laughed so heartily, the two of you had to watch him as his body shook. Blonde hair shaking. You joined in, sitting on the floor with your dress all around you as your shoulders heaved with laughter. You had to hold onto your stomach and wipe the tears from your eyes.

Next to you, Elvis's deep laugh filled the room. He brought a hand to your waist and pulled you next to him, "one hell of a gift."

"You sure know how to use them."

"Shut up," he laughs, then kisses your lips softly.