Kentucky Rain - Elvis

A/N : i just love dancing in the rain

"No, no, no!" You cried, running to the covered patio of the hotel to stare at all the hard work from weeks and months in the past completely ruined by the rain. It was your wedding day to Elvis Presley, and it was in June. You never even worried that the rain would damage your outdoor wedding and the hotel staff had been kind enough to set it out the night before to make today easier.

Your bridesmaid Betty was the one who pointed it out to you, the pattering of the rain against the window of the salon. You had jumped up, hair already done up and your make up partially completed. You prayed to anything and everything up above that this was not what was going to happen, your wedding day wasn't going to be completely smothered in rain.

And now, everything ruined. The thunder clapped loudly above, mocking you. You wanted to cry, to wipe off this silly makeup and cancel the whole thing.

"We can still hold it inside, miss." A small man said with a sad little smile, "if we could just push it back an hour my staff could do it."

You didn't want it inside. You wanted to be married outside in the warmth, celebrating the feeling of fresh beautiful air on your skin as you married the man of your dreams. But you just nodded to him, thanking him for all his hard work and flexibility.

You tightened your silk robe around you from under the covered patio, watching the men and women come in to clean the remnants and set up in the ballroom. It broke your heart. Despite yourself, you began to cry, looking up and desperately waving your hand so your makeup wouldn't run.

You felt a pair of warm hands grab your waist and you looked to see Elvis, already in his suit, smiling kindly.

"I heard what happened," he said, blue eyes scanning the venue.

"It's just awful."

Elvis gave you a quick peck on the cheek, "it's alright baby, we've got it figured out."

"I was going to be a June bride. In the warm sun. Not some ballroom," you said with a thick voice, knowing how ridiculous you sounded but not caring. It's your wedding day, surely some crazy was allowed or even expected.

"I know baby," he said softly. "At least it's still June."

You grumbled towards him, knowing he was right but that didn't make it any better.

"I'm just glad I get to marry you today. I don't got wait no more."

You smiled softly, "I should focus on that. I get to marry you."

"I'm the lucky one, baby."

You rolled your eyes, leaning your head on his chest, "just about every woman in America would disagree with that statement."

"Do I have to prove it?" He said teasingly.

"What?"

"Prove that I'm the luckier one." Elvis said, pulling your body flush against his. His warm breath tickled your neck as he peppered sweet kisses along it. But you were still sad, you still watched the rain destroy everything you'd dreamed of for your wedding. Elvis's eyes watched yours and he tucked your hair behind your ear, whispering, "everything okay?"

"It just sucks."

"I know baby... what can I do for you?" He didn't give you a moment to really think on it. His body tensed and he looked at the soaked patio, an idea popping into his head. Elvis ran beneath the rain as it splashed on him. He stretched with his arms wide, letting it slide along his skin and soak his perfectly good suit. His deep voice laughed as he looked at you through the heavy rain drops.

"Hot damn!" He yelled over the thunder and spattering, sticking his tongue out to catch the water.

"Elvis!" You said in an almost laugh, shocked by it. "Your suit!"

"It don't matter!" He shouted back, spinning. Then he went to you, wet hands clinging to your waist. "I've loved you much too long to not want to dance for you. I want to see you smile on your wedding day. My love's just too strong to let you go, baby."

Elvis pulled you into the rain with him, spinning you around until you came back into his arms. You laughed, feeling the warmth of his body in contrast to the cold rain.

"I can't get enough of you, darling..." he said, pulling you in for a kiss. His lips molded to yours perfectly and you giggled at his touch.

When he parted, he seemed to become even more animated. His body twisted and he murmured the beat to some imaginary song, pulling you in a for a dance. You moved with him, hips shaking and wet slapping noises as your clothes fell back onto your bodies. Your makeup and hair were surely a wreck, his suit worse for the wear, but suddenly it didn't matter. This random tune he sang, twisting you into his arms and holding you tight before spinning off, became all consuming. On one turn you strayed by the edge to look at him.

You watched him, laughing as the rain pelted your skin and got onto your eyelashes. The rain had made his suit stick to his skin, the hard lines of his chest making an imprint on his white shirt poking out from underneath. He was smiling widely and his cheeks were red from the cold, but he didn't have a care in the world. This was the man you loved, fun and willing to do anything to make you feel better. And you knew that without a doubt you'd fight for him, you'd search for him, he was your love. So this Kentucky Rain can keep pouring down, but you'll take his hands in yours and kiss him like you'll never get the chance again.