Summer Kisses, Winter Tears Pt 2 (NSFW)

A/N: upon watching the movie for the 4th time I've realized my timeline has been off by a year. Also totally didn't make the reader have an April birthday because I have an April birthday ...

——— November 1955

Elvis's letter came in the mailbox with a little heart written near your name. He wrote to tell you about how his records were doing, how your aunt and uncle were, and how grateful he was that you had continued whatever this was. Neither of you wanted to jump to calling it a relationship, but you knew you definitely weren't interested in anyone else. Elvis was your entire focus when it came to romance.

You wrote him back to tell him about college and your parents, your mother was excited to meet him, and how much you missed seeing him every day. That routine was hard to break, you missed his kisses. You missed him, it hurt your heart.

Every Friday at 2pm PST and 5pm EST, Elvis would call you. The cost was completely outrageous but he didn't care, even sending some money in one of his letters to help cover the bill at your house. You waited by the phone with a Pepsi, wanting nothing more than to hear his sweet voice.

Then it rang and you immediately answered.

"Well that was fast," he chuckled. His voice was deep on the other line, smooth like butter.

"I wanted to hear your voice."

"That's awful sweet."

You smirked, "I'm a pretty sweet person."

"That you are," You could almost picture the mischievous smile or wink he'd send you. "You been enjoying California?"

"It's alright, I like that it's not as humid as Tennessee. But I have to admit I wish I was over there. I miss that silly little recording shop."

"The shop?"

You laughed, leaning into your chair, "There may be a young man I miss as well."

"Oh that sounds fascinatin, tell me about him."

You rolled your eyes but started to describe him anyway, "Well he's a singer but he doesn't act like most singers. He's very eccentric."

"Eccentric?!"

"He moves his hips a lot. But he's sweet, and kind, and devilishly handsome. I wonder sometime how I even got a man like that interested in me."

"Come now," Elvis chided. "You're the talk of the town over here."

"That so?"

"Just about every boy is in love with Y/N L/N. I gotta start fightin all those suitors."

You sighed, enjoying this. You just loved to talk to him. Even if you hadn't known each other long, you knew that he was your destiny. For better or for worse. So you tucked yourself into the couch, drinking your Pepsi, and prepared to speak to him for as long as humanly possible. You lasted until 10 pm, which was 1 am for him.

"It's late," he said with a slight yawn.

"It is."

"I should go."

"You should," you said, feeling the weight of sleep on your eyelids.

"I don't want to."

"I don't want you to."

"Y/N... are you gonna come to Memphis for Christmas?" He asked, changing the subject. You blinked, trying to think.

"I don't know. I used to go when I was younger, maybe if my parents are okay with it."