Beginner's Luck - Elvis (NSFW)

A/N: part of Elvis Week!! This one is a sad one and I almost didn't use this title because the song is a romantic but here we go! request by @1-800-KISS

You hummed along to the radio as you painted your nails a deep red. Your curlers were tight on your head as you blew lazily to help dry them. On your vanity, there was a letter written by Elvis. He spoke about when he was going to next be in town, this week, and how much he missed you. You missed him too, of course you did. He was all consuming, he was everything.

The warm air from outside floated into your bedroom through the open window and you propped your feet up. It was a simple, lazy afternoon where you listened to music and prepared to see Elvis Presley. The King of Rock n Roll and your lover. He was awful good, better than you had anticipated when he first offered to take you out to dinner. That day seemed so long ago, even if it was only last January.

Your nails eventually dried and you cleaned up the polish, putting it back in it's neat spot in your drawer. After glancing at the clock, you went through each room and collected the vases full of dying flowers. They needed new ones, so you took the ones you'd bought yesterday and replaced it. The dead flowers filled up the trash can, so you took it out to the apartment garbage disposal. Nothing that wasn't perfect could be here.

You folded the blankets on the couch, wiped down the counters, vacuumed the floor and put all your knick knacks in drawers. Then you pulled out the lingerie and the dress you were planning to wear, gently spritzing perfume on them. You sprayed a little behind your ears and on your wrists.

Carefully so as not to damage the lingerie bought for Elvis to damage, you shimmied out of your robe and into the black lace. Then you sat in front of your mirror and undid each curl, brushing them out so they weren't so tight to your face. You applied some gel to keep it back, and pinned the curls in the most stylish way possible.

From outside your second story apartment, you could hear the laughter of a young couple. You went to look at them, despite being dressed indecently. A handsome young man hugged a beautiful young woman, twirling her in the air so her dress flew around her knees. They were smiling and laughing. He licked at her ice cream, and she kissed him in response. The magazine rack next to them was full of pop culture and enticing titles but they only stared at each other. You hadn't realized you'd been leaning against the window, hopelessly staring at them. God you wanted that. You wanted peaceful bliss between two people who love one another without harm. This lonely back and forth was too much sometimes.

A purple Cadillac pulled in front of the apartment building, followed by what seemed to be a mass of women. You hurried to get into your dress, black and backless. Elvis loved when you wore backless things, it means you didn't wear a bra. As you slid your heels onto your feet, a knock announced his entrance.

You opened the door, leaning against it with a smirk. His attention was immediately drawn to your lips, painted red, but Elvis looked back into your eyes. He was dressed well tonight, but you supposed he was dressed well just about every night. Elvis loved to be a little flashy, to cause a certain type of reaction, and the purple suit buttoned in the middle with no shirt underneath would be just that. His chest was dusted with hair and you wanted to run your fingers through it. But you looked back into his beautiful blue eyes.

"Hey there."

"Hey doll," he smiled, looking you up and down. You did a little twirl and he let out a low whistle, "well, well, don't you look like a Queen."

"Only fitting for a King."

He chuckled, his sweet dimples showing next to his white teeth. He was so charming, your heart melted a bit. Elvis offered his arm, and after you swung your purse over your shoulder, you agreed. His arm came round to rest on your hip, dangerously close to your ass. Wait until he sees what you have on underneath.