Night Rider - Austin Butler

A/N : might have worn my pink suit for a photoshoot

It had been a beautiful date full of sight seeing and snacks, followed by an Elvis Presley movie marathon at the little drive in down the block. Austin had dressed simple in a white t-shirt and jeans, but he was handsome as ever. You'd been playing with his blonde hair all day, feeling the curls in between your fingers. Later, Austin had borrowed his friends truck and set up a mini bed in the back for the two of you to cuddle up as Vince Everett smashes his guitar on the screen.

You don't remember falling asleep on Austin, but he does. He smiles softly and pulls the blanket up over your shoulder, watching the movie and periodically glancing back at you. You weren't the prettiest when you slept, but Austin thought you were gorgeous. He said it was your calmest state, and he loved seeing you when you weren't worrying.

Eventually the movie came to a close and another film started up slowly. But Austin decided to scoop you into his arms, placing you gently on the passenger seat as he cleaned up the back. Then he revved the car, adjusting you so you weren't craning your neck.

You made a small mewling noise, whispering in a thick voice, "Aus?"

"It's okay, baby. You can go back to sleep," he said, hand clutching the steering wheel. You blinked through sleep fogged eyes, looking at him as he drove.

It was complete darkness out there with windy, dirt roads. If it was you driving, you'd be frightened. But maybe it was the sleep or the warmth of the truck that made you realize how safe you felt. You could be half hanging off a cliff and turning at 60 miles per hour, but if Austin was driving you knew you'd make it home safe. So you closed your eyes and smiled to yourself, listening to his soft hums.

The car had lulled you back to sleep but you stirred when he scooped you up, carrying you into the house. Your face was nuzzled against his shirt and his scent surrounded you. He smelled good.

Austin placed you on the bed, sliding the covers up and over you. Before he could leave to do whatever chores, you grasped his arm.

"Bed?" Your voice was froggy and thick with sleep.

He smiled, and kicked his shoes off. He went around and slid in the bed, pulling your body to his. In the darkness of the room, you cuddled against Austin as he kissed your skin softly. Then you fell asleep purely content with your life.