Satyam's Plan

Satyam, as usual, is drinking beer and resting on his favourite easychair. His wife, Damayanti, is watching him closely. She knows her Satya (Satyam's nickname) too well. She knows that he is concentrating on some facts unknown to others. She is knitting sweater for her six year old son, Debansh, who is studying in a convent school at Shimla.

"Satya" - Damayanti fondly calls her husband. This husband-wife pair is unusual in nture, they are not just life partners, but also crime partners too.

"Hmm.." Satyam all of the sudden becomes aware of his wife's presence in the room.

"What is the matter, Satya?" She asks.

Satyam stands upon his feet and starts roaming restlesslessly without giving any answer.

"Satya?!!" She calls him.

No answer.

"Satya, what is going on your mind? Love, please share it at least with me." Damayanti demands to know.

Suddenly Satyam looks at her and claims -

"I am afraid to be wrong darling but according to my own intuition Sivangi is still alive."

Damayanti stops and looks at him in astonishment. She never ever dreams of such possibility.

Satyam smiles after watching her reactions - "I know darling what are you thinking. You are thinking that how could it be possible? Right?!!"

His wife just nods her head in agreement. All of a sudden she looks like a lifeless doll.

"If you look deeply into the situation Sivangi's mysterious drowning, Dr. Gunjan's sudden dissapperance, Dr. Sashank's resignation from job and going to abroad all of the sudden fits the bill. Even that inspector's, I fogot what is his name, coming to ask for our reactions in the name of routine enquiry shows that something is amiss. Don't you see that?" Satyam looks at his wife expectantly.

Damayanti with pain utters the only valid question to be asked at this moment -

"Then what are you planning to do Satya? If she is alive what should be done?"

Satyam smiles at her. That signature sinister smile of his.

"We have to make enquiry about it properly. Till now I gather some information. Dr. Gunjan left her home at midnight, but not alone. The taxi driver informed that there was another girl with her. Now the question is who was she, if not Sivangi?" He asks.

"Perhaps her sister" Damayanti insists that possibility even if she knows very well that Gunjan is the only child of her parents.

"No darling, that is not the case. And you know that too well. That must be Sivangi. Yes that must be Sivangi." Satyam is adamant.

"Then?" She wants to know.

"We have to throw her out of our road, darling. As simple as that." By saying this Satyam uses his private number once more to call and instru someone -

"Find her and ampute her."

Ampute?!!! Or murder?!!!!