Season 1-Chapter 9: Talk to Me (Els POV

El truly missed Max and what Max used to be but at the same time she changed so much and El couldn't put her finger on it. Until she got a call from Lucas and Max was in the hospital. She rushed out of the IHOP she was in and went to the hospital, thinking the worse. Thinking that she would never would be able to apologize to her, that she would never be able to patch up what they had but brushed it all to the side. Only thinking that she would be okay. Max was never the one to give up so easily, she always stood up for Mike when everyone would bully him, she was the most loyal person you could ask for, she would never betray you. She'd always stand up for you, but somethings changed and she dosent do this anymore.
When El arrived to the emergency room and saw through the window an and Max was laying in the bed unconscious. She saw Dustin, Lucas, and Mike all sitting next to each other and she sat across from them and all that she could think of is that somehow this was her fault, somehow she did something wrong. She looked at the ground as millions of thoughts filled up her empty mind and then she tuned everyone's voices out only thinking these things. That's when Will, Jonathan, and Joyce walked in and she was snapped put of her daze. Will sat next to her and he was scared too, I mean Will was Max's best friend now. She almost went back to her thoughts when the doctor came, "I don't know if she will wake up again or not, we got most of the pills out of her system but there's a small chance she won't wake up," the doctor said. The doctor went back to the room and she turned to see Will crying. Like he's been here before, like some unspoken trauma came back to him. Mike hugged Will and that's when rhe doctor came back, to tell them the good news.
El noticed thar Max didn't come to school the next day, "did Max come to school today?" She asked Will. "Would you?" He replied back. Then shook her head. She wouldn't come to school the day after she got out of the hospital either. As she arrived to her first period, the desk were arranged differently. Now being four chairs at a bigger table. She, mike, and will sat at one and some other girl they didn't know. But El was fascinated by this girl, she had wavy blonde hair and blue eyes and she was wearing black heans and a white shirt sleeved shirt. And El couldn't help but stare, but her and Max were about done at this point so she wondered maybe she could start fresh. The girl noticed her staring, "uh hi I'm Julie," she said smiling at her and El could feel herself blush. "Hi I'm El," she shook her hand. And they talked for the entire period and Ek was mesmerized by her and was hoping they could be more than friends. But most people here were either straight, or scared to be anything else. So she pushed these thoughts away.
After school she went to visit where Max now lived, she wanted to see that she was okay and so she did. Knocked on the door and max answered wearing a crop top and some shorts. "Hey," she said blowing a strand of hair out of her face. And El kind of thought this was cute but quickly brushed it away because her and Max were done for sure. "Uhm I wanted to see how you were doing," El said to her and Max looked to the left and back at El "I'm okay," she said but El knew she was lying to her. "You sure I mean what happened, it was a big deal," she said hoping Max would open up to her, but she didn't. "What do you want?" She said kind of annoyed and El decided to stop pushing at this topic. "Want to hang out maybe at the arcade like old times?" She asked hopefully, Max smiled and nodded.
They went down to the arcade with some money ready to have some fun. They caught a couple of looks and played some games, Max always won because she's just so good. They laughed, had fun, the first time they did this In awhile, where Max truly looked happy

Hope yall enjoyed this :)

Also expect a Max POV after this one and maybe a Will POV after that one