Season 5-Chapter 16: Dissociation (Maxs POV

Her visions of Lucas were continously getting worse. It wasn't like he was a vision or a ghost anymore, it was as of he was there, like he was still alive. She was starting to dissociate the real world with this fake one and both were starting to merge together.

She wanted to go to the doctor toget this checked out before it inevitably gotten worse. So that next Saturday, she decided to see a trained professional.

"Maxine Mayfield," the receptionist said and she stood up. "Dr. Hoover will see you," the receptionist said and Max turned to look at the doctor and right next to him was a very realistic Lucas and Max wasn't completely sure if he was real or not. She blinked a couple of times but he didn't dissapear. She just walked over to the doctor, ignoring Lucas when she did.

"Okay Maxine, I've heard you have hallucinations," the doctor said and she nodded. "Something like that, but it's getting worse," she said and the doctor eyed her. "How so?" He asked and she exhaled. "At first, he did seem fake, like an actual vision, but now he's progressively become more and more real," Max said and the doctor looked at her. "So these visions, they aren't visions anymore, they are starting to become real?" He asked and she nodded. "I've seen something like this before, wanted to do some tests to figure out exactly what you need and what treatments may be able to help," he said and she nodded. "Wait a little bit and I'll get all the equipment," he said and she nodded. The doctor then left the room.

After the doctor left the room, Lucas entered it and Max was taken aback by him. "What do you want Lucas?" She asked as he walked toward her. "Why are you trying to get rid of me Max?" He asked and she rolled her eyes. "You were never really here," she said and he smirked. "We loved each other Max," he said and she shook her head. "We did love each other, when you were alive," she said looking at him and he tilted his head. "I am alove," he said and she stood up. "I wish you were, but you're not, and I need to accept that," she said. She sat down as the doctor walked back inside, and Lucas dissapeared.

"We ran all the test, and we've come to the conclusion that these visions have aspired from great loss. And we have the medication you'll need, these antipsychotics should help make sure the visions don't arise anymore, I've prescribed you with it." He said and she picked up the pill bottles. "How long would I need to take this?" She asked and he exhaled. "A very, very long time, maybe even for the rest of your life, these visions never really go away," he said and she shook her head slightly. "So what, I'm crazy?" She asked and he shook his head. "Trauma causes this, it dosent make you crazy," he said and she looked down then back up. "You sure?" She asked and he nodded. "You may want to see a therapist to talk about it woth, that could help, or a close friend," he said and she nodded. She took the pill bottle and left the hospital.

She got in her car and right beside her was Lucas, once again, and he just stared at her. "What the fuck, Lucas peave me the hell alone," Max said and he smirked. "I can't Max, you're the one that's in denial," he said and she glared at him. "How can I when your always here?" She asked and he shrugged. "Make me go away then," he said and she took out the pill bottle. Lucas then grabbed her arm. "Don't you dare," he said and she punched him in the face and opened the pill bottle to try and take it before he did anything else. She was shaking uncontrollably and couldn't open the bottle, "see, you don't even want to take it," Lucas said and she turned to look at him. "Shut the fuck up," she said. She then took one of the pills and closed her eyes for 10 seconds. When she opened them, he was gone. She then drove herself back to her house.