Season 2-Chapter 16: Believe them the first Time (Mikes POV

Mike was now living his best life. His sister was now in his custody, he managed to also get some money from Karen as well through the court case, he was living with two very supportive parents and the love of his life. He was doing amazing and was so happy, without a care in the world.

"Okay so listen we are going in this store to get dinner, nothing else, and don't beg. Because if you do beg you know I'm going to say yes," Mike said and Holly nodded. "Let's help that homeless person over there, they look hungry," Holly said and Mike nodded, they walked up to the person. "Mike!" Ted said and Mike looked at him. "Oh, how the tables have turbed," he said and Holly looked at Ted coldly. "Please I'm so hungry and I need money," Ted said and Mike smiled. "I remember when I was hungry and you weren't there. Or when I needed money and you didn't give it to me. Or even when I just needed you and you weren't there. I have every single right to walk away and leave you here to starve. But unlike you, I'm a good person and I like to help people. So here take 50 and go get some food." Mike said handing him 50 dollars. "Tha-," Ted began to say, "Don't thank me," he said taking Holly into the store. "Mikey, wanna try the lottery?" Holly asked and Mike looked at the ticket. "Okay pick a ticket then," Mike said and Holly took one, they got the dinner and went home.

"Oh hey," Will said walking into the kitchen. Will was now working out because quote on quote he wanted to look better for next school year, Mike thought he looked perfect but he never believed him. "Holly talked me into getting a lottery ticket, and I saw Ted, he was homeless," Mike said and Will turned. "Wow, how the places changed," Will said taking out an energy drink. "Exactly that's what I said," Mike said turning on the TV. "Oh Holly get the tickets, their calling out the numbers," Mike said and Holly took the ticket and ran to the living room. Mike walked upstairs where Will was working out to watch him. And holy sh*t Will was pretty hot. "Okay you don't have to look at me in awe," Will said smiling and Mike turned blushing. "MIKEY!," Hollt said running into the room and he was scared. "WE WON THE LOTTERY, ITS 20 MILLION," she said and Mike's eyes went wide.

He went to the bank to redeem his check and as soon as he walked put he saw Karen. "No you don't get to take away my family and win the lottery," Karen said and Mike turned. "You tore the family apart first, that's why Holly chose me, that's why Ted left you, and that's why Nancy dosent talk to you," Mike said and Karen slapped him. "And you wonder why your kids hate you," he said walking away and Karen just stood there, upset.

The next day Karen knocked on the door. "Look Mike I realized what you said and you were right. I'm here to repair my family," Karen said and Mike smiled. "Come in, let's talk," Mike said moving aside so Karen could walk in. "Okay speak," Mike said and Karen sighed. "I missed you Mike, and I wanna change, I wanna come around. I wanna be a better person, a better mom towards you, Holly, and Nancy. I wanna repair what's broken because I live you three kids and I wish I could go back and fix what I did," Karen said and she sounded genuine. Mike nodded, "I see, well that takes time Karen. And if you really want to fix things you'll take that time," Mike said and Karen nodded. "Can I stay here, I can just sleep on the couch." Karen said and Mike looked at her. "This isn't my house," Mike said and then Lonnie walked into the house. "I got us food," Lonnie said and then he saw Karen. "Okay so why is this thing in my house?" Lonnie asked and Mike walked up to him whispering something on his ear and he nodded. "Okay sure," Lonnie said and Karen smiled.

And so after a few weeks Karen successfully entered herself back into Mike's life and back into his trust. But maybe Mike shouldn't trust her too much.

"Okay mom, me, Holly, will, Lonnie, and Joyce are going out, you wanna come or stay?" Mike asked and Karen looked at him. "It's fine I'll stay here, I'm not feeling the best," she said and so they walked out the door. Mike had a bunch of money in his name and Karen knew this and managed to take his card. And so she transferred 50 thousand dollars to her account, which is a big amount and she smiled.

"Oh no she didn't-," Mike said and Will looked at him. "What happened?" Will said and Mike looked at him. "You know Will, when someone shows you their true colors, believe them the first time," Mike said and they turned around back to the house.

"I fcking trusted you! I trusted you! I really thought you fcking changed!," Mike said yelling at Karen and she put on a confused face. "Don't do that! You know exactly what you did! How coupd you, your supposed to be my mother ! Not a fcking thief!," Mike yelled and she smirked. "Checkmate Mike," she said and Mike started crying. "People like you-they never change-I should've never believe that you did. Fck you Karen Wheeler, and I will be taking you to court, get out," he said and she walked out the house and he hugged Will and started crying. And he thought to himself, this was war.