Season 5-Chapter 19: Christmas Party (Mike's POV

It was now Christmas, and it was also even closer to the new year. Soon, he and his friends would be separated throughout the globe, and he had to make the most of what he had left.

"So as you know, it's December, and the six of us don't have much time left together," Mike said to the group and they eyed him. "My m-well not really my mom, let's just say Karen, Karen said she'd buy stuff and we could have a Christmas party," Mike said and Nax rolled her eyes. "Why Karen though, I don't like her," Max said and Mike opened his mouth to talk but was interrupted by Will. "I agree, I subtly recall her kicking you out of the house, stealing your money, disowning you, etcetera," he said, and Mike smiled. "Yeah but she seems like she changed, like Lonnie, but I don't know if I can trust her, she's a master at deception," he said and Will agreed. "I've seen," Will said, playing with the ring on his finger. "I'm all for second chances, sometimes third chances, but I don't want her to hurt you again or backstab you again as she did before," Will said and the rest agreed. "We are a family now, so if she does try it, we could really beat her ass," Max said and Mike chuckled. "Don't get sent to jail before our wedding," Mike said and Will smiled and looked down at the ring.

After a whole lot of convincing, he was able to get the other five to agree and show up to the party and he thought about it some more. Maybe he could also invite his grade, Karen probably wouldn't of minded but maybe the other five might have a problem with it. The six maintained their popularity throughout the summer so there was a high chance that most, if not everyone, would show up.

He face-timed the group chat. "Boy why'd you do a FaceTime, I just woke the hell up," Max said, wiping her eyes. Dustin and Troy then joined. "I'm eating, what's up?" Troy said and Dustin blinked a few times. "Michael, it is 6 in the morning, you better have woken me up for a good reason," Dustin said. Will and El then joined. "I love you, but it's too damn early for a face time, I literally look like shit," Will said and Mike rolled his eyes. "Not possible," Mike said and Will smiled. "Can yall not, I wanna go back to sleep," Dustin said and Max and Troy agreed. "El!" Mike yelled down the hall and she blinked a little bit. "It's too fucking early damn!" She said, wiping her eyes. "I was thinking of throwing a little senior Christmas party, like pur grade," Mike said and they gave him a death stare through the computer. "I know damn well you didn't wake me up for that bullshit!" Max said and Mike giggled. "Look, love, I really, really, love you but you made me wake up around 6 hours earlier for this?" Will asked and Mike shrugged. "Can I throw the party though?" Mike asked and they all had the same reaction, which told him that the answer was that they didn't care. Everyone left except for Will, "I'm coming over because I'm not going to be able to go back to sleep," Will said, he then left the face time.

It was now time for the party, and sure enough, the entire senior grade was there. Hopper said that they couldn't do the party at his cabin, so they threw it at Karen's house. The house was big enough and most people hung out in the front yard anyways. Karen locked all the rooms upstairs to make sure no one had sex or anything inside of them. Mike made sure everyone at the party had some type of holiday attire. Mike stood with his group of friends and his fiancé by the punch to make sure no one spiked it, which was very common for their high school parties.

"Nice party," Will said, drinking a cup of punch. And Mike smirked. "Yeah I've really outdone myself," he said looking around at the many people who attended it. "I agree, you really did," Will said, taking another sip of the punch. "Wanna dance?" Mike asked and Will smirked. "Hell yeah, watch the punch yall," Will said to the rest and the two then left to dance.