Season 2-Chapter 3: Selective Family(Mikes POV

In order to go talk to his friends he always had to pass his old house, and every single time he did he wanted to cry. Sometimes when he passed Karen would be outside and they'd look at each other but Mike always looked away. Holly always has there waiting for him, she seemed to get the exact time he would be biking near there. And Mike loved Holly withe everything he had, and he almost took the opportunity to move back for her. But he also wanted to live his life as himself, "hey holls," Mike said getting off his bike to hug her. "I miss you do much Mikey, why won't you come back home," Mike wanted to tell her the truth. How horrible their parents were, but he didn't want her to hate them at such a young age. "Oh listen Holls, I'm just staying at my friend Wills house becasue it's easier to get to school that way," he lied to her and even being as young as she was, she didn't buy it. "Tell me the real reason, mom and dad don't talk about you anymore," she said and Mike didn't want to lie to her again. "Okay fine you got me, I'm gay-" he began to say "I know that part," she said and Mike was a little surprised. "Well our parents don't like that and kicked me out for it," he said and Holly's face turned from curious to angry. "How dare they?" She said being angry at this, "Look don't worry about it it's better for me, I get to live with my boyfriend, do you know how amazing that is?" He said trying to make light of the situation. He truly didn't like that his parents hated him, and that fact made him sad everytime. "I guess but Mikey I miss you so much," she said tearing up a little. He hugged her tightly, "Look ill come here every day to see you okay," he said smiling and Holly smiled back.

He then left and made his way to Max's house. He usually hung out with El but she was doing something at the moment. "Mike-" Karen said running over to him, he then tried to talk away faster. "Please let me talk!" She said and he stopped. "Look Holly really really misses you and I'd like her to be happy, so that deal from awhike ago is still up," Karen said and Mike looked up and fake smiled almost crying. "Look I'm not going to move back in the house just to extend the closet doors, I'll continue being the stupid little f*g I always was. And yes I do miss Holly and I miss Nancy and as horrible as you two may be, I miss you as well," he said and he couldn't hold back the tears. "But now I realized that family isn't who gave birth to you, its who loves you unconditionally, and yeah I've found that family. So please just never talk to me again because to me your a stranger," he said walking away. Karen stood there, flabbergasted and just walked back to the house. Now was officially when that family ended and now a new one began, the one that loved Mike and who he loved back.

He looked at Max's house and it was completely different t than what it had been, instead of it being the old blue color it was now white and the overgrown grass was cut and the bushes were trimmed. He knocked on the door and Lucas answered, "oh hey Mike uhm Max is upstairs trying on her clothes." He said moving so Mike coupd come in. When he looked inside it was even more different. The colors that were once brown has been changed to white, and the old blue walls were now white as well. The old furniture was gone and replaced with new ones, the old plates and silverware was also gone and replaced. Everything was replaced and the house looked unrecognizeable. "Oh hey Mike uhm there's green tea in the refrigerator and everyone else is on their way," she said as she took out Dungeons and Dragons. "Oh you still have it, we haven't played since the beginning of last April," Mike said smiling. Even though they were practically adults, they still couldn't give up their childhood game.

When everyone arrived they started playing it and they had the time of their lives. It's been so long and sometimes they had to look at the rule sheet. But otherwise everything was good and before Mike went on his bike, he got a call from Nancy. "Hey heard the news are you okay," she asked and Mike hadn't heard her voice in almost 6 months. "Yeah I'm fine I moved in with my boyfriend, so everything a ok," he said and he was half lying because he wasn't okay. "Listen call me if you ever want to talk, your my brother and I love you," she said and Mike smiled. "Yes whenever I wanna talk ill call you," he said and hung up the phone. "Who was it?" Will asked and Mike turned. "Nancy , just checking in," he said smiling and Will smiled back.

I love you all ❤️ 💙 💜 💖 💗 💘