Season 5- Chapter 5: Senior Year (Mikes POV

With all the shit going on recently, Mike forgot about the up-and-coming school year, and who the new principal was.

"Wait we start school tomorrow?! Holy shit!" Mike yelled looking at his calendar. El and Will chuckled and looked at each other. "Why'd no one tell me!?" He asked and Will shrugged. "I'll be right back," he said, grabbing his keys, wallet, and phone. He then exited the house and got into his car where he got a call from his mother. He was sure he had her contact blocked, but he decided to answer it anyway.

"Hello?" He said, putting the phone on speaker. "Hey Mike," Karen said and he rolled his eyes at her voice. "What do you want Karen?" He asked and he could hear her scoff. "Well I wanted to know what college you're going to," Karen said, and he gritted his teeth. "I'm going with Will to the University of  North Carolina School of the Arts," Mike said. "Well is that your dream or Will's?" Karen asked and he scoffed. "You don't get to disown me then try and re-enter my life like that okay? It'll never fucking work, leave me the hell alone Karen, only call me if it's something important," Mike said, hanging up the phone. He thought about what Karen said but he shook the thought away, of course, he wanted to go with Will, right? He thought to himself but he shook it away again. He continued to drive to the store.

The next day, he walked with El and Will to the bus stop because Will stayed over. "Hey," Max said, walking over to them and Mike smiled and nodded at her. "Ready for the first day of the last year?" Max asked and Mike shrugged. "The years going to fly by, I already know, and it's kind of bittersweet since we are going all around the world," Mike said and Max nodded. "We survived a demon together, we will never be separated," Max said and they nodded. They entered the bus as it approached them.

The four met with Dustin and Troy when they looked up at the TV screen. "As you know, principal Bauman has tragically passed away due to an attack. I will be replacing him as your new principal and I hope we can have a good year here, or maybe we won't. I want to see you all succeed and I'll be here to make sure that happens," Karen said through the screen. Mike glared at the screen and Will put one of his hands on his shoulder. "That fake son of a bitch," Mike said and then the intercom went off. "Mike Hopper to the office now, repeat, Mike Hopper to the office," they said over the intercom. He rolled his eyes and kissed Will on the cheek. "I'll see you all later," Mike said and they nodded.

"What the hell do you want Karen?" Mike asked, entering the room. "Sit down," Karen said and he shook his head. "Only my parents tell me what to do," Mike said and she rolled her eyes. "As you know, I'm your new principal, and I want to make sure we don't have any arguments," Karen began and he crossed his arms. "You keep thinking I'm going to just forget what you said to me! The look in your eye, I mean the absolute disgust! You fucking hate me for who I am and you always will! You'll never change, you're horrible! I hate you, Karen!" He yelled and she smiled. "Feel better?" Karen asked and he slammed his fist onto her desk. "You don't get it! You'll never know how I feel because of you! You made me want to hide and go deeper into that goddam closet than I ever was! You are my goddamn trigger, and get this, I kind of hope no one found me in that forest that day! Maybe then I wouldn't have to deal with you!" He yelled. Before she could say anything, he already left the office and slammed the door.

He stormed down the hallway and as if the day couldn't get any worse, he was face-to-face with Jake, one of the killers from before who survived. "Why the hell aren't you in jail?" Mike asked and he smirked. "Why the hell is your friend in a wheelchair?" He asked snarkily. "Oh fuck you," Mike said, and he shrugged. "Right back at ya," Jake said walking away. Mike watched him leave and he rolled his eyes, at least it couldn't get any worse.