Season 4-Chapter 4: Was he Right? (Troys POV

Troy has liked many different guys in his life but none of those feelings have been returned aside from one, Jake. Jake turned out to be a psycho and never even liked Troy to begin with so how would he feel?

He sat on his bed thinking that maybe Jake was right about what he said. Maybe nobody would ever love him as much as he loved them. "What you thinking about?" Dustin asked walking into the room and Troy turned to look at him. "I'm just thinking about-the group," Troy said lying and Dustin sat next to him. "What about the group?" Dustin asked and Troy shrugged. "It's just not complete without Will you know," Troy said and Dustin nodded. "I just want him and Mike to clear this beef and become friends so we can all become friends again," Dustin said and Troy agreed. "Things were so much easier before T-11," Troy said laying his chin on the palm of his hand. "Yeah exactly and she's still out there and we have no idea when she's going to strike," Dustin said and Troy nodded. Troy was happy Dustin didn't realize he lied but Dustin brought up a good point. Where was T-11 now?

He was walking with El to the store as El wasn't comfortable walking alone anymore. "El?" Troy said and El turned to look at him. "Am I not worthy of love?" He asked and El tilted her head to look at him. "What do you mean?" She asked him and he kicked a small rock on the sidewalk. "I mean I haven't dated anyone aside from Jake and he turned out to be a psycho so is it me?" He asked trying to make out Els expression. "You just haven't found the right person yet, but you will," El said and Troy shrugged. "I promise you Troy, you really grew as a person and I'm proud of yoh," El said and Troy smiled at her and they continued to walk.

Troy got back to the house and walked up to Dustin's room because if anyone would be able to match him with someone, it'd be Dustin. "Hey so you know how I can't seem to get a boyfriend for anything well I was thinking that maybe you could help me," Troy said walking up to his chair. "Oh so your looking for a boyfriend?" Dustin asked and Troy nodded. "Move over," Troy said sitting beside Dustin with no space between them, Troy didn't notice this but Dustin was blushing a little.

"There's nobody on here that you like who likes you?" Dustin asked and Troy shook his head. "I'm looking for an relationship not a hook-up," Troy said and Dustin continued to scroll. "We've literally been searching for hours, there's no one here," Dustin said and Troy laid back in the chair. "Love is hopeless for me," he said then Dustin looked into his eyes and Troy looked back into Dustin's. "Maybe love isn't as hopeless as you think," Dustin said and Troy eyed him. "What I mean is maybe during our senior year you'll find someone you know?" Dustin said and Troy nodded. "Why can't I just be like the rest of us? It's like their soul mates landed on their doorstep and I'm searching in a maze for mine," Troy said dissapointed and Dustin smiled. "One day Troy, one day you'll finish that maze," Dusrin said and Troy nodded. "But that day is sure as hell far from now," Dustin said smirking and Troy playfully punched his arm and then they continued to look.

Troy still had horrible nightmares of when he shot the investigator although they were rare. He jumped up suddenly after having that nightmare and he was breathing heavy. He got up putting both of his hands on his head. "Jesus," he said wiping off the sweat on his forehead, he got up and checked to see if Dustin was awake and he was, sitting on his phone. "Nightmare?" Dustin asked and Troy nodded. "Want to sleep beside me, in a normal kind of way," Dustin said and Troy nodded again laying beside him. "Thanks Dustin,"he said and Dustin nodded smiling, without realizing it, he put his arm around Dustin's stomach and closed his eyes and Dustin was hot red but he didn't notice. He then drifted off to sleep.

He woke up and Dustin was already up probably cooking in since his mom was at work. He got up and wiped his eyes smiling to himself. He hasn't slept that good since the 8th grade. He got up and then checked the time and he somehow slept until 4:30. He walked outside the room and went downstairs, "morning," he said and Dustin looked at him. "You mean afternoon?" He asked and Troy smiled sitting beside Dustin on the couch. "Enjoy your sleep?" Dustin asked and he nodded laying his head on Dustin's shoulder. "Let's do that more, I haven't slept so good in forever," he said, "sure," Dustin said and Troy smiled. "I love you," he said to Dustin and Dustin eyed him. "I love you too?" He said and Troy smiled. "Don't take it in a weird way I mean it in a total platonic way," he said and Dustin nodded and Troy saw the slightest dissapointment on Dustin's face when he said that. They continued to watch TV with Troy laying on Dustin's shoulder.

"So what movie do we watch?" Lucas asked the five and they shrugged. "Something scary it is almost twelve," Max said and the rest looked at her. "I swear to God Max-" Dustin said and Troy smiled. "Sure let's do it," Troy said and Dustin glared at him. "Come on Dusty it'll be fun," he said and then Dustin rolled his eyes and agreed.

There was a jumpscare during the movie then Dustin held Troy's hand terrified of the movie. Troy smiled and stared at their intertwined hands but then Dustin let go. Troy then reached to hold Dustin's hand again by instinct and the Dustin looked at him and Troy smiled at him then Dustin smiled back.