- thirty two -

san woke up in the middle of the night to the sound of wooyoung throwing up in the bathroom. he shot up from where he had been resting and rushed into the bathroom, finding the boy crying and picking at his nails as he tried to empty his stomach.

"hey... i'm here, woo," san whispered.

"sannie..."

"hi, love..." san spoke softly, gently brushing back wooyoung's hair and realizing how warm the boy's head was. "do you want water or anything?"

"i-i just want this to end..."

"bub... i think you might actually be sick this time... you're really warm."

wooyoung whimpered softly at this before he started throwing up again, san kissing the boy's hand and then rubbing his back.

"i'm gonna get you a water, okay, woo? i'll be back soon and then we can work on getting you to bed."

"i-i can't be in my room..."

"that's okay... we can get you set up in hwa or sangie's room, i'm sure they won't mind."

"but—"

"shh... just do your best to relax, bub. i know you're stressed and uncomfy, but it's going to feel better soon."

"q-quick... be quick."

san nodded and hurriedly went to the kitchen to get the boy a water, being met with a sleepy yeosang.

"san? why are you up?"

"woo's sick..."

"what?"

"i heard him throwing up and went to check on him and when i touched his head, he was really warm... i think he has a fever."

"take him to my room, please... and stay with him. i don't want him to be alone like this."

san grabbed a water quickly and nodded, making a promise to yeosang before heading back to the bathroom. wooyoung was half asleep with his head on the edge of the toilet seat now, looking absolutely miserable.

"hey... have some water, bug," san said sweetly, handing the boy the bottle as he sat down.

wooyoung nodded slightly and took the bottle, sipping the water slowly and grimacing at the sour taste in his mouth.

"how are you doing? wanna go to bed?"

"can we?"

"of course, love. yeosang said we could go to his room, i ran into him when i went to get you water."

wooyoung nodded again, pulling himself up and stumbling slightly.

"woo... sit down for a couple minutes, okay? take it slow, i don't want you to feel worse."

"o-okay..."

wooyoung stumbled a bit again as he went to sit back down, and san was quick to take hold of one of the boy's hands.

"everything's gonna be okay, love..."

"h-how are you so sure?"

"well we're here together, yeah?"

wooyoung smiled weakly and nodded, leaning into san a bit. the older rubbed his back gently, then kissed his forehead.

"i-i'm sorry that i got sick, sannie..."

"love... it's not your fault. you can't control it."

"but i still feel bad..."

"i know you do, bub. but it's all okay."