- forty one -

tw / severe panic attack, unintentional self harm

the day had finally come.

it had officially been a year since wooyoung broke up with his ex, since the last time he had seen him. when wooyoung had thought about the arrival of this day, he thought for sure he would be able to celebrate. he was sure that he would make enough progress to feel free from the pain and suffering inflicted by his ex. unfortunately, that was not the case.

he felt even more trapped this day than he had in weeks, so much that he was completely trying to lock himself away from the world. but this meant he had to actually be in his room, which made things more uncomfortable for him.

wooyoung sat with his knees to his chest in the corner of the room, the panicked feeling growing with every minute that passed. his phone was on the other side of the room, it was useless to him anyways. he couldn't see anything with how blurry his vision had gotten over the past hour.

he started sobbing, pulling at his shirt to try and keep himself covered, afraid of the pain. his door was locked, but yeosang stood on the other side, worried when he heard the boy's cries.

"youngie?" he asked softly.

"g-go away!" wooyoung screamed, starting to cover his ears.

"youngie... baby, please... let us help."

"n-no... h-he'll hurt you t-too..."

"honey... he's not going to hurt me... i promise it's okay. can hwa and i please help?"

wooyoung only screamed again, grabbing the back of his head as he rocked forward from the pain. yeosang was beginning to grow anxious, not knowing how to help from the other side of the door. he quickly called san, tears in his eyes as he waited for the boy to pick up.

"yeosang? what's up?"

"i need you to come over... i-i need your help, i-i can't help him alone..." yeosang cried. "hwa's at work for another hour a-and i don't know what to do..."

"hey, it's going to be okay. i'll be there soon, i just need to change and get my shoes on. do you want me to bring jongho with me?"

"i-if you can? i-i'm just a mess right now... h-he locked himself in his room after getting up a-and that's just... it's so abnormal for him to do that, i-i'm so scared. h-he keeps screaming too a-and i think today marks a year since h-he escaped that f-fucking asshole so i'm really worried..."

"yeosang... hey, deep breaths, okay? it's going to be okay, i promise. i'll be there in twenty minutes."

"o-okay... t-thank you."

"see you soon, hang in there, okay?"

"s-see you..."

san hung up and quickly went to jongho's room, the boy barely awake on his bed.

"get up, we need to go. yeosang called me crying, he's having trouble helping woo and it's really upsetting him. i told him we'd be there in twenty."

"is yeo okay?"

"he will be... he's just really scared and worried about woo. i told him i'd bring you with me so you can help him calm down while i take care of woo."

"okay... i'll be ready soon."

"thank you, jjong."

jongho nodded and san quickly went to his own room to change, and within a matter of minutes the two were on their way to see their significant others. san was worried, he had no idea what he would be walking into. sure, he'd helped wooyoung through plenty of panic attacks before, but from the sounds of what yeosang had told him, this was going to be far worse.