049

It was Friday night I was coming home from a late night at work I only lived a block away from where I work so I either walked or caught a bus depending on what time I'd finish of course but tonight I finished late which meant no buses was running at this time, so I decided to walk home. I was in charge of locking up the cafe and ensuring all equipment is turned off at the mains and chairs was put under the table after that I flipped the open sign to closed and pulled the blinds down, I shut the door behind me locking it and placing my keys back in my bag.

Once I knew everything was locked and secure I began walking home walking at night was scary for me since I'm alone and a woman the streets was dimly lit which put me on edge the slightest sounds made me flinch and turn nearly snapping my neck, I zipped up my coat since it was so cold after about half an hour I reached my house walking up the stones drive way to my front door. I dug around in my bag for my house keys and finally found it unlocking my door and heading in locking up behind me I threw my shoes aside along with my bag and coat I slowly dragged myself up the stairs reaching the hall way walking along reaching my bedroom door.
I shut the door behind me leaving a slight gap open and threw my clothes from today aside in a basket and threw on my pjs I had layed out this morning, I slipped under my covers and wrapped myself up turning to my side facing a wall.

Around 2:27am I heard some faint creaking sounds I lifted up ever so slightly and shook it of snuggling up once more but I heard some loud crashing and whispering I jumped up panicking as I grabbed my baseball bat and walked down the stairs slowly and quietly, I heard someone whispering "shit I fucked up" I raised an eyebrow as I got to the banister I learnt over slightly unseen as I saw a guy in all black with braids and a bandana in my living room he had also had on black gloves whilst he was placing various objects into a black bag. He took a box of value to me a necklace my mother gave me before she had passed, I lost control and ran downstairs swinging the bat "don't you dare take that box " I screamed trying not to cry.

He turned to face me he looked at me straightening his posture now towering over me he didn't care he wasn't fazed I had a bat, he backed me up into a wall placing both hands either side of me making me blush and loose focus which made me drop the bat as he kicked it aside "nice meeting you " he said I just looked up at him his braids neat and his sharp jaw line and his gorgeous dark eyes, he pushed himself of the wall and grabbed the bag of the floor I went to tackle him making him drop the bag I started hitting him as he tried blocking them I managed to get a hit on his balls making him drop to the floor I ran for the bag and grabbed the box I wasn't over bothered about the rest the box was value to me.

I still took the bag and ran upstairs I got the bag and hid it with the box under a loose floor board in my walk in wardrobe, I heard footsteps coming up the stairs and a very angry voice I panicked and hid in my wardrobe behind the clothes on hangers just making to get in place as I heard doors being swung open. I heard my door swing open afraid of what he's going to do after me tackling him, I heard him knocking things over searching for me I put a hand over my mouth to avoid making a sound but I let out a gasp as I saw him right outside my wardrobe, I slid down hiding as he opened the wardrobe doors "found you " he said in a raspy voice.

He grabbed my arm and pulled me out dragging me out now but he was gentle enough, he held my arms at the side of my body so I didn't move he towered over me again "I didn't like that stunt you pulled " he said with a smirk I just looked away but he shook me to look at him I just rolled my eyes but my heart was beating fast and I felt my face burn up. He threw me over his shoulder and walked over to my bed and threw my down "hey-" he cut me of putting his hand over my mouth I felt butterflies running through me.

The guy with braids got of from on top of me and left through the window I ran over to the window as he slid down the guttering and ran of, it was still pitch black outside I go around my house picking up everything that was knocked over and I went to every window and locked them double closing the blinds and curtains I moved over to my back door I locked it with the key and a chain also another lock I then walked to the front door doing the same with the back door. Once I was finished I grabbed a glass of wine and slumped on the couch scrolling through my phone when I noticed there was a wanted poster for a their breaking into peoples houses and stealing. There wasn't a picture of the thief but I instantly guessed it was the same guy from earlier.