077

I was walking alone down this cold and empty street it was dark outside the moon shining just behind some black clouds and the wind picking up the pace every other hour or so, it was freezing out tonight I was shivering it must be like minus 1 out or even lower so I put my hood up to cover my ears protect them from the bitter cold of the night and pulled my jumper sleeves down to cover my hands from the bite of winter.

I continued to walk down the empty street dimly lit by lamp posts I was so glad to finally be at my house thankfully the lights was off which meant my parents would be asleep so I quietly tip toed to my front door lifting the plant pot to grab the spare house key my parents leave in case of emergency, I unlocked the door quietly putting the key back under the plant pot and closed the door ever so slowly and quietly.

I turn to see my mother standing in the hall with switching the lights on as I held my breath "Anna where have you been " she scolded trying to be quiet to avoid waking up my farther " no where " I said walking past her up the stairs as she stood there shaking her head at me. I rolled my eyes opening my bedroom door jumping on my bed.

It was the next day I woke up still in my clothes from last night and smudged makeup and my hair well it wasn't pretty looking, I groaned getting up I bent down to look in my mirror I grabbed a wipe and wiped my face clean throwing it aside grabbing my brush to get rid of the nots in my hair. I checked the time it was late I slept the day away it was almost 7:00pm.

I got dressed wearing a black mini skirt and a short crop top one wrong move the world sees the goods but I wasn't bothered, I was finally dressed adding a pair of black stiletto. I moved onto my hair and makeup just doing a slight curl and a black smoked eye look and a gloss lip I took a finally look adjusting anything that needed to be and then I grabbed my phone and left.

I sneaked out the house trying to avoid waking up my parents I couldn't be bothered for another lecture of her I opened the door to see Tom stood in the doorway "Tom what the hell are you doing here "  I said trying to get past him "your mother called me " he said leaning against the door way "what she's asleep" I said turning around slowly as I heard footsteps "Anna " she said in a firm tone crossing her arms "you are grounded" she snapped "and Tom here volunteered to babysit you until you can behave " she sighed "come in darling lock up " she said heading back upstairs.

I let out a massive sigh and took of my heels carrying them with me back upstairs as Tom followed me "I don't need a babysitter " I wined "you clearly do " he smirked I could feel the smirk I hated it, I swung open my bedroom door and slammed it in toms face he opened it "now come on that's childish Anna " he said shutting the door.

I've known Tom for a while my parents are really close with his we grew up together and we always used to hang out play as children but we stopped hanging out after him and his twin bill started a band and it grew so big they had tours and it was hard to make time to see me I understand now but I didn't really at the time so I grew distant with him and bill.

"You sleep there " I said pointing to the floor which had a sleeping bag and a pillow there he looked down seemed a bit disappointed he chuckled a bit and looked around my room he was standing near my desk and my eyes shot straight to the desk that's where I hide my things such as alcohol and cigarettes.

He saw my expression "you look worried " he smiled turning around slowly holding eye contact as long as he could he spun around and looked at my desk I was itching to dove at him and slap him silly but I held my tongue,he turned back around and looked at me. "Get out so I can change " I said harshly maybe to harsh.

He left without a word I pulled out my pjs from my draws a black pair of cycling shorts and a white top I let him back in but hesitant to open the door. He came in and sat on the edge of my bed I got in my bed under the covers and curled into a hall facing away from him he got of the bed and got in the sleeping bag I couldn't help but feel a bit bad for making him sleep on the floor.

I shook of the thought and slowly drifted into a sleep to wake up a few hours later I sit up and look over the side of my bed to see Tom curled in a ball he looked cold and it was cold in here so I sighed and grabbed a fleece blanket placing it over him on top of the sleeping bag and rolled it under slightly and quietly before heading over to my desk I felt under and grabbed the taped cigarette and lighter.

I tiptoed quietly to my window and sat on the ledge I opened my window and it was freezing so I put on a black hoodie, I lit the cigarette and took a long puff feeling instant relief I closed my eyes and leant my head back. My mother hated me smoking and drinking she caught me once she gave me this look of disappointment and ashamed.

I now hide everything we don't speak about feeling often we aren't that close as we once was she hoped I'll be as I once was but I was a child then, I looked out my window at the trees swaying under the moonlight the leaves blowing to the ground, I felt a hand on my shoulder I gasped and dropped the cig on the floor Tom reacted before it started a fire and he threw it outside.

"That's bad for you ya know " he sighed almost disappointed I hopped of the window ledge and walked over to my bed getting comfy again under the covers he looked me in the eye sitting down "why " he whispered putting a hand on my shoulder as I curled up "because it's stress relief " I said turning over again he left me be and slipped into the sleeping bag looking at me I could feel him staring through my spine.

I felt guilty for being cold with him I have for a while now but push it aside, I couldn't sleep I was tossing and turning for hours trying to nod of I couldn't and I was getting frustrated I looked down at Tom peacefully sleeping or so I thought.

He looked uncomfortable so I grabbed a pillow and added another under his head and I grabbed another blanket and added that under him hoping to make him more comfortable from the hard cold floor, I heard a giggle as I walked away I turned around and crossed my arms he sat up "so you do have a good side " he chuckled which made me chuckle slightly.

"Sit on my bed it don't look comfortable on the floor " I said climbing into my bed he did just that he laid next to me not to close not to far, I turned my back to him and smiled to myself I missed him I must admit but I wasn't ready to admit that yet.