082

I stood on the glossy marble print floor which had just freshly been mopped and steamed by the cleaner Alan, I stood staring outside of the 15th floor window staring down at the beautiful lights and buildings that shon under the moonlight making me enter a world of my own dreaming and imagining all the possibilities that could jump out at me.

I placed my hands on the window just like a child would to look around at the stars, the moon and the beautiful city lights of New York. I saw the people of New York on the ground they looked like tiny little ants crawling around the buildings from afar looked like a lolly pop stick. I was internally screaming and stomping around like a little girl would.

I arrived today at New York about an hour ago from the uk I've always dreamt of visiting here but I never had the time nor money to afford such a place of beauty, I got a call from my farther who lives in New York he owns the hotel so he gets the very best apartment there is he announced that he was to be engaged tomorrow morning with his new partner Ellen. He and my mother had split when I was 6 due to finance troubles and falling out of love.

His new partner Ellen is a wonderful woman and so considerate of me and my feelings so much that I was the first to know and first to be invited, anyway I looked around the apartment it was gigantic the place was so posh the marble floors and marble tiles and marble surfaces I felt like I was in dreamland of some sort.

I left the window and went to find my bedroom it was never ending these halls but I finally reached my room I opened the door eager to see peering as the door slowly opened, I had built in closet room and my own bathroom in my bedroom I saw my bags had already been placed neatly on my bed. I felt like kicking my legs around like a school girl fan girling over a boy.

I gathered myself together and left my room to find my farther in the living room shaking hands with a man he was tall had a stubble beard and a lip piercing his hair was brown in a low man bun "sorry for interrupting " i said a bit anxious as there is a strange man in his home. " Callie come meet Tom " he said holding an arm out to gesture me over so I came over.

"Hello Callie " he smiled so I smiled back "hello" I turned around to walk of when my farther told me to wait "Callie wait " I turned back around "yes " i said breathly "Tom is going to show you around and keep an eye on you while I'm in a meeting " he said straightening his tux and cuffs "oh okay" I smiled a fake smile I was hoping I wouldn't have a baby sitter since I'm 18.

My farther left the room with a smile and a small nod leaving this Tom guy with me I smiled and walked of back to my bedroom he followed me to my room "my farther said your giving me a tour not being a babysitter or whatever " I said faffing around in my suitcases "I know "  he said leaning on the doorframe.

"Well it's nighttime so how you going to show me New York "  I said rolling my eyes a bit I'm not usually spoilt bratty like but I'm just frustrated I have a baby sitter who won't leave me alone, "trust me " he smiled I gave him the look I grabbed a large hoodie and a pair of jeans "leave " I asked smiling he did so I could change I was pretty quick changing .

"Let's go" I said he went ahead showing me down the hall he took me up some stairs that lead to the roof he opened the door holding it open for me I went ahead as he followed me I stood on the roof I was a bit scared "your not gonna kill em are you " I nervously giggled "no I'm showing you the beauty of new York at night " he smiled he took my hand and brought me to the ledge my breathing was getting faster and my heart pounding.

I peered over the edge and saw the bright lights from the streets and Times Square the colourful lights from signs and buildings it was truly a beautiful sight and I loved how the moon beautifully looked above the shining buildings, I couldn't feel the fear no more I was to busy looking at the town. "Follow me Callie " he smiled as he took my hand he guided me down the steps into the lift we stood there for about a minute or so until it reached the level he needed.

He took my hand again and we walked through the hotel lobby and out the glass doors he let my hand go as we walked through to the main town everything was lit up brightly it was beautiful at night time the darkness made the colours stand out more than it would in the day. He took me to this all night dinner place it was a 50s style dinner with booths of red leather and red bar stools and even the staff dressed to the 50s style.

He sat me down in a booth as a waiter came over on roller skates it blew my mind how she could skate and deliver plates of food "what can I get you " the woman smiled holding a note pad "I'd like a strawberry milkshake and you Callie " he asked "oh uhm a chocolate milkshake please " I smiled putting down the menu, the woman left "so having fun so far" he asked "yes " I smiled.

We talked for hours I got to know this man more he was quite funny actually and comes across very adventurous he talks about the trips he went on growing up and tours things such as that, I was really fascinated. The time was getting on and i needed my rest for the wedding tomorrow"we need to leave " I said getting up "no problem " he said with a smile sliding out of the booth.

We left the dinner after paying the cashier and he took me back to the apartment it was quite scary down some streets at night it looked sketchy dark and alarms was ringing in the back, we wasn't to far from the hotel place. I held my hand out and felt water droplets on my palm I looked up squinting as I saw a flash of lightning and then came the heavy rain it started of as spitting but then came down like a waterfall I pulled my jacket above my head and started to run. Tom found it hilarious and was laughing.

"Not funny" I laughed out as we just reached the hotel we got under the shelter as Tom opened the door for me letting me go first as he followed behind me we waited for the lift to come to the first floor we waited patiently as it arrived about a minute later we hopped on to the empty lift in awkward silence until we reached the room "see you tomorrow " he asked in a questionable tone. I smiled and shut the door making my way to dry myself before bed.