Central Park

Seven years later

"Miss Y/L/N?" My assistant knocked on the door of my office, "your flight is in an hour, Happy is ready for you."

"Thank you, Tess," I smiled, closing my laptop and putting my blazer back on.

Today was the day I moved to New York. After working under Greene Publishing for the past 8 years, I had finally been given a huge job offer in the Big Apple. Double the pay, a huge apartment and a complimentary car. I couldn't say no really. My brother was off in Scotland working on some sort of astrophysics and my parents were travelling with their newfound freedom of having no kids. This was the perfect time to go. Everything was laid out for me.

The photo of Vanessa and myself on my office wall came down yesterday too. We had been together for five years but when I said I was moving to New York, neither of us felt like we could keep up the long distance. It wouldn't be fair, and it would be expensive, so we decided to end our relationship. She moved out yesterday evening, twelve hours before I did. I loved her, I did, but I don't think I was in love with her. I think my heart lay somewhere it couldn't and shouldn't be.

Leaving the office, I got into the back of the car where Happy was already playing Midnights by Taylor Swift. I giggled and nodded at his choice. Pulling away from Canary Wharf, I smiled at the life was leaving behind to start a big new chapter in a whole new city and country. The airport was so fucking busy, people everywhere yelling about some big celebrity that was supposed to be landing here shortly. It worked out for me though because I got on the plane and through security in under 45 minutes. Sitting down in my first-class seat, I put my headphones in and opened my laptop, continuing on the novel I was writing before I left the office earlier. My phone buzzed in my pocket and when I pulled it out, there was a news article about the one girl I always kept tabs on.

Elizabeth Olsen spotted in LAX with husband, Robbie Arnett

Elizabeth and Robbie had got married two years ago, I believe they had been dating for about a year and a half prior to that. Before that she got back with Boyd for a few years, people were saying that he was her rebound from me. I can't say I was surprised when I heard that she got married to Robbie though, he was the only person I could think of that would be that delusional.

She had been doing very well recently. She dropped film production shortly after graduating from uni and started acting. From four years ago, she had been in multiple Hollywood movies. She was big, like big, big. Her sisters were just as big, their fashion brand only growing as they did. Elizabeth came up on my social media feeds at least once a week.

Elizabeth marries Robbie.

Elizabeth was spotted in LA.

Elizabeth shopping with hubby.

Elizabeth's garden.

Elizabeth.

Elizabeth.

Elizabeth.

There was a point when I wished the world for that girl but not anymore. She has the world, and she looks happy and for that, I'm happy.

I'm happy and I'm bitter and I'm angry but she's happy. So, my job is done. My job was done the second she got her first acting role. The second she said I do to the man who forced himself on me. The second she slept with someone else.

___

"Home sweet home," I mumbled to myself, putting my laptop bag down on the kitchen island and walking through the New York apartment with a view of Central Park.