Friday

Tonight was date night and Lizzie opened the door looking like a million fucking bucks. Her hair was curled at the ends and her bangs were parted in the middle, makeup was minimal, but she really honestly didn't need anything heavier. She was wearing an oversized white shirt back to front, so it gave a turtleneck effect, and her legs were covered with a pair of black skinny jeans. Her worm in Doc Martens on her feet.

"You look ... wow," I exhaled, scanning my eyes over her body.

She giggled and let me into her house, "you don't look half bad either darling."

I had left on my suit trousers from my day at work but paired them with a small black lace corset bodysuit and pulled my hair into a claw clip, face-framing pieces hanging down by my cheeks. My makeup was heavier but still natural, the big black eyeliner wings being the centre of focus on my face. Lizzie picked up her bag and turned around to smile at me.

"Ready?" I asked.

She nodded, still smiling at me as she cupped my cheeks and pressed a few soft pecks on my lips, "let me just do my lip gloss."

"Is that why you kissed me now?" I giggled.

She nodded and applied a thin layer of clear gloss in the mirror before linking our hands together and walking out of the house together. Her face dropped when she saw my motorbike and she shook her head.

"No," she decided.

"Put the helmet on," I laughed, handing it to her.

She hummed like she was unsure but slipped it on her head anyway, "I can't believe you still drive this thing."

"It's my baby," I smiled, swinging my leg over, "are you getting on?"

"Can we just drive my car?" she asked.

"No," I smirked, holding my hand out towards her.

She let out a shaky breath and climbed on the bike behind me, quickly wrapping her arms around my waist tightly and squeezing when I turned the engine on.

"Where to?" I asked her.

"Time's Square," she mumbled into my back.

"Time's Square?" I checked.

She nodded, "let's get this over with."

"Don't let go," I smirked, revving the engine and pulling out of Lizzie's drive and back into the city.

One huge perk of not drinking anymore is that I can drive pretty much everywhere, especially on date nights. Vanessa didn't drink much anyway but it meant I could drive us both to and from dates safely and now I can do the same with Lizzie. I had noticed that she hadn't actually drunk any alcohol around me, so I was going to make sure tonight that she drank what she wanted.

Just because I can't, doesn't mean she can't.

When we stopped at the traffic lights, I felt Lizzie release a shaky breath on my back, her grip on my hips not lessening. I placed my hands softly on her calves and stroked them up and down. She smiled against my skin and placed a kiss between my shoulder blades.

"You all right back there?" I asked.

"How much longer?" she replied quickly.

"Not long," I smiled, "ten minutes at most."

She nodded as the lights turned yellow and I moved my hands back to the handlebars.

"I HATE THIS," she shouted as we drove down the road.

I giggled and revved the engine slightly as the bike lane cleared and we progressed down towards where Lizzie was directing me. Parking up against a row of bikes outside the theatres, Liz practically jumped off the bike and handed me her helmet. I giggled and stood up, taking it from her hand and taking mine off too. Flattening her bangs, she squatted by the floor and took some deep breaths.