Utterly Gorgeous

Elizabeth Olsen is the most attractive sleeper I've ever seen.

I woke up significantly earlier than she did because she was softly crying in her sleep. Making sure to not wake her up, I wiped her tears and traced around the features of her face before leaving a soft kiss on her exposed forehead. When she was back to her peaceful sleeping self, I lay and watched her. Her hair was pushed out of her face and into a loose high ponytail that had a few strands hanging around her shoulders. It was a lot longer than the last time we were in a bed together, but she looked just as youthful as she always had done. Her lightly coloured skin sat flawlessly over her rosy cheekbones and pink lips with her eyelashes twitching ever so slightly with the REM sleep she was in. Just when I thought she couldn't look more beautiful, she did what she had always done and smiled in her sleep. The stark contrast between her crying an hour ago to now smiling at me with her eyes still shut was dramatic. She looked gorgeous. Completely and utterly gorgeous.

We both stayed in the clothes we were wearing until we fell asleep so about halfway through the night, the duvet was pushed aside and all that covered her body was a big t-shirt which looked almost identical to the one I lost seven years ago. I traced the soft skin of her upper arm, brushing over the faded white lined scars from when MK was in rehab and across a thin tattoo just above her elbow of a bunch of flowers. When my eyes darted back to her face, her eyes were open and the green in the middle was glistening from the light coming in from the window.

"Good morning," she whispered.

"Hey," I replied in the same hushed tone, moving my hand to her face and cupping her cheek.

I ran my thumb over her bottom lip gently and shuffled closer slightly to press our lips together gently. Gone was the rush and desperation to be close to her again, pure compassion took over as our lips danced together. She kissed back almost instantly, smiling against my lips. Without deepening it further, I slowly pulled away and laid my head back down on the pillow. Lizzie took my hand from her face and linked it with hers, our fingers intertwining between us.

"Thank you," she smiled sadly.

"You are going to leave him, aren't you?" I asked.

She nodded, "I have to ... I can't keep living like this."

"No, you can't," I agreed.

"So, you broke up with her?" Lizzie replied.

I hummed an unsure response, "she broke up with me I think."

"I'm sorry," she whispered.

"Really?" I asked, a little shocked by her words.

She shook her head slowly, a smile drawing across her lips, "makes my life easier."

"I'm not doing anything with you until he's gone, you know."

She nodded, "I wouldn't expect anymore more from you."

"And as amazing as this feels; I'm still scared to let you back in. You royally messed with my trust and it's going to take a while for you to earn that again," I added.

She nodded once more, "I'm going to win you back."

"Okay," I whispered, "but you should know I'm not the same girl I was when I was at uni; a lot has happened since then."

"I know ... neither am I," she replied.

"I know," I nodded.

"You look better than ever," she smiled.

I smirked and nodded, "your sister definitely seems to think so."

"What do you mean?" she giggled slightly.