Sources

The day that Vanessa flew back to London, I took a drive into the city to check over the venue for the work gala next weekend. With my music blasting through the speakers, I leaned back in my seat with one hand on the wheel and nodded along softly to Now That We Don't Talk by Taylor Swift.

"I called my mom she said to get it off my chest," I sang with deep passion, "remind myself the way you faded till I left ... I cannot be your friend, so I pay the price of what I lost, and what it cost. Now that we don't talk."

As I pulled up outside the building in downtown Manhattan, Myles and Bobbi stood outside the building waiting for me. Bobbi made a point of rolling her eyes and flicking her red locks behind her back as I stepped out of my fancy car, locking it behind me.

"What's it looking like?" I asked Myles.

"It's a nice venue," Bobbi answered.

I furrowed my brows and turned to her, "I don't believe I asked you, darling."

Myles laughed under his breath and smirked when I turned back to him.

"It's a nice venue," he repeated, "the caterers agreed to get here an hour before the event starts on Saturday so the food will be ready to go by the time everyone arrives."

I nodded in agreement and walked into the building, the others following behind me.

"Open bar?" Bobbi asked, reading the sign.

"Problem?" I replied, not turning to look at her.

"Do you know how expensive an open bar is going to be," she remarked, raising her brows.

"Not that I need to justify it to you but it's a four-drink cap for the guests, five for us and maybe ... three for you, depending on how you act," I smiled.

"How I act? You're not my mother," she remarked, her New York accent strong.

"Coffee?" Myles interjected.

"Please," I sighed, giving him a sympathetic smile before turning back to Bobbi, "will you be bringing a plus one?"

"Are you bringing that Olsen girl?" she asked.

"My girlfriend," I corrected, "and yes, I will be."

"Your girlfriend?" she furrowed her brows, "she's dating you?"

I laughed lightly and nodded, "I'm just as shocked as you are."

"No, I'm not bringing a plus one," Bobbi finally answered.

"No boyfriend you're bringing? Friend?" I asked.

"No boyfriend, no girlfriend, no friend ... I do have friends in this company you know," she replied, "I've been here for almost seven years."

"So that's why you hate me so much," I nodded slowly, a smirk on my lips, "I got the job you wanted. It was advertised, wasn't it? You wanted this position and then I got it."

"Don't flatter yourself," she rolled her eyes.

"No that's it, isn't it?" I laughed.

"Yes, darling, that's why I'm not fond of you," she smiled sarcastically, "you took the job all of us wanted. You flew over here from the middle of crumpet England and took the promotion I've been working my ass off the last seven fucking years for."

"I'm a pretty reasonable person when given the chance," I sighed, "I'm sorry that I got this job, but I can't help that. I don't want any bad blood between us."

"There's not," she decided was her answer.

"You will find any excuse to get me demoted, that doesn't seem great," I replied.