Relax

Do you know what's worse than a breakup? When they have to come over to return your shit.

Natasha was sitting in my lounge, unloading the bag she bought with her that had mounds of my clothes in as well as a random pair of socks I don't recall losing.

"How are you?" she asked, not meeting my eyes as she unpacked my stuff.

"I'm all right," I nodded, sitting down on the same couch as her, "how have you been?"

"I'm fine," she smiled sadly, looking up at me, "I'll be fine."

"I feel really shitty about how I acted," I admitted.

She nodded and pushed some hair behind her ear, "yeah, you could've handled it better but it's okay, I'm okay."

"Okay," I whispered, "do you want a drink or-"

"No, I should go," she cut me off, "I have a work thing tonight, so I need to go and get ready."

"Okay," I repeated.

She gave me a small smile and nodded, not moving from her seat. I didn't know what else to say so I just sat there in silence with her until she decided to shuffle closer to me and gently placed her hand on my thigh, giving it a small squeeze.

"Really, it's okay Y/N/N."

I nodded and mirrored her smile, "are you sure you don't want a drink?"

"I'll have a tea," she decided after thinking for a moment.

"I can do that," I smiled sadly, getting up and walking towards the kitchen to pop down the kettle.

"Did you see Elizabeth before she went back to LA?" Nat asked.

I nodded, grabbing a few mugs, "she's getting a divorce."

"Good," she replied, "I hope it works out for you two."

"Me too," I smiled, looking over at her again, "you're being very mature about this whole thing."

"I think you forget I'm an adult," she giggled, "besides, I'm not going to get in the way of a relationship ... I think there's a reason you guys found each other again."

"Vanessa said that this morning," I told her.

"You really are buddies with all your exes," Natasha laughed, "how do you do that."

"I know you're taking the piss, but I would really like to be your friend," I expressed, bringing over the mugs and handing one to her.

"Maybe in a little bit," she nodded, "I don't know if I'm ready for that yet. I know we've only known each other for a few months but the idea of seeing you with her doesn't make me the happiest of people."

"Okay, yeah, that's understandable. Whenever you're ready," I smiled sadly.

"I'll let you know," she replied.

"Okay," I repeated, "what's the work thing tonight?"

"It's just a birthday party, nothing fancy but I have to be there," she smiled sweetly, "I would much rather be at home in my pj's but we don't always get what we want."

"It'll be nice; any excuse to drink, right?" I laughed.

"I don't even get to drink!!" she exclaimed, wailing her hands around, "I'm not allowed because apparently 'it's still work'."

"Does that mean you get paid?" I inquired.

"No!" she groaned, "it's not fair."

"Life's not fair darling," I smirked, sipping my tea.