Endlessly

The second I saw Elizabeth Olsen at the end of the aisle in a beautiful white dress, I knew everything would be okay

With The Luckiest, by Ben Folds, echoing through the old barn, our family and friends sat in vintage wooden chairs and our bridesmaids, all wearing various designs of black dresses. Clay was wearing a black suit with a black shirt to match the girls who were all sitting in the front row of our audience. Jarnie was at Lizzie's arm in a baggy blush pink dress, walking her down the aisle with the proudest look a mother could muster. My own Mum however was already a bottle of prosecco in and was literally bawling her eyes out in the second row, my dad, brother and his girlfriend all pretending not to know her. Ehren, in the time I hadn't seen him, had grown a full-ass beard and his girlfriend was stupidly pretty with a cochlear implant attached to her left ear as, to everyone's news, she was deaf. Dad had told me that they met whilst on some sort of landscaping thing in Alaska about six months ago, but they looked happy, so I was happy.

There really wasn't much that would make me unhappy right now, to be honest. How could someone be unhappy when their fiancé was a foot away from them with a soft smile on the most gorgeous face I'd ever seen. As she reached where I was standing, she nodded and gave me a small laugh.

"I can't believe this is happening," she exhaled.

"You look so prepossessingly beautiful right now, I don't even know how to act," I said way too quickly.

She laughed out her nose and lightly grabbed my hands, squeezing them three times as the song came to a slow end and we both exhaled in realisation.

"This is it, no backing out now," I smirked.

"Wouldn't dream of it," she smiled softly.

"Good afternoon," our officiant beamed, looking between the two of us with a big smile of her own, "we're all here today to celebrate the love of these two women. It's been requested by the brides that I skip everything unnecessary so I shall pass over to Miss Y/L/N to start her vows."

I nodded slowly and exhaled shakily one more time.

"Lizzie," I started, a crack in my voice, "God, this gonna be harder than I thought."

She laughed out her nose and squeezed my hands three times once more.

"I heard this quote recently and thought of us immediately," I started again, "I only worry, not that our love won't endure but I worry because if we live to be 100, and I get 80 years with you, how am I to fit all my love for you into just 80 years? And that is why I know there will be something after this and wherever that will be, we will find each other there, in every universe and in every lifetime because I was put on this earth to love you. Despite an ocean between us, other loves and a million reasons we should have never crossed paths. We are meant for each other, it's the one thing in this world I am sure of. Lizzie, baby, I will love you for forever, for eternity, and that still won't be enough, but I promise to do that. I promise to always be your dance partner; for the first time as your wife today and for the last time just you and me, across our kitchen floor ... I have loved you for as long as I can remember and spending my life loving you will be the greatest thing I ever do. I love you, Elizabeth Olsen."