Chapter 29 - The End

Terrifying is the only word I can use to describe  this incredible aura coming from Mei or rather, Herrscher Of Thunder. It amazed me to think that Mizunoki-san fought her before this.

However, it doesn't matter since in the end she's still Mei.

"I can only help you unleashed some of your Houkai Energy but I can't unleash everything or you'll be dead." The words that The Voice told me earlier echoing throughout my mind again. "You will found yourself to be much stronger than you are before, I'm sure you can keep up with The Herrscher Of Thunder but wether you can win against her is up to you."

I couldn't help but faintly smile, so even though I got a stat boost from all this Houkai Energy stuff, the key to winning was down to me and how I was going to fight.

And everyone know I'm the worst fighter that's currently available in the whole entire world.

"Kiana.. can you still move?" I turned my head to see the injured Whitehead,she was in a very critical condition but she was still standing as if nothing had happened to her.

She gave me a playful and cheerful smiled before confidently said. "Of course I can Wan-senpai! And I know we'd be getting Mei-senpai back together!"

"Of course we will.." I answered softly, glad to know that Kiana is still as optimistic as before even in this situation. I think that's what I love most about her.

I turned back to face The Herrscher Of Thunder. Despite her looks and strength, Mei is still in there and I will find a way to bring her back to consciousness. "Mei, can you hear me?"

"..Mei is no longer here.." Herrscher Of Thunder replied with a nervous tone, maybe she was still a bit shocked at how I was still alive which is completely understandable.

Because trust me, I am too.

"No, Mei is still in there, you and I know it.." a smile appeared on my face as I stared at the Herrscher Of Thunder, I don't know why but I felt pretty funny at the moment.

Just a few hours earlier I was on the balcony with Mei, my head was shot, I watched the memories of my life, and now I live again..

Speaking of memories..

'As long as I'm here, no one can hurt you.'

That words is still ringing in my ears, feeling as if I had forgot something important. Although I can worry about that later as my priority right now is The Herrscher in front of me.

I held the broken Katana in my hand tightly and stood my ground against HoT together with Kiana by my side. "Give Mei back.."

Kiana quickly twirled her gun and pointed it at The Herrscher. "We'll be taking Mei-senpai back by force!" She yelled out.

I glanced at Kiana and her gun before looking down at the broken katana in my hand. A small laugh escaped my lips, we are currently fighting against a Herrscher and this was the weapon we had..

It's better than nothing at least.

"I don't know how you managed to live," The Herrscher Of Thunder energy start to spike up again, she was clearly in no mood after all the fight she went through. "but I'll be killing all you insects!"

A wave of lightning storms began to starts coming towards me and Kiana, unfortunately even with my stat boots I was still too slow to react probably because my fighting instincts were that terrible. The good thing was that I had Kiana by my side and thanks to her she was able to pick me up and get me away from danger.