Chapter 99 - The Will Of The Herrscher

[Rises in Houkai Energy Detected!]

The Hyperion alarm blared, signaling an impending onslaught. Swarms of Honkai Beasts began to spawn, descending from the sky and emerging from the ground. Both Hyperion and Shicksal faced a sudden, relentless attack.

The rebellion was forced into action.

"Ngh!" Sakura gasped, struggling to hold her ground. Her gauntlet barely held against the force of a Honkai Beast ambushing her and Reina.

Just as she thought she would be overpowered, Reina's blade cut through the large beast, causing it to collapse to the ground. Sakura sighed in relief.

"R-Reina!" Sakura exclaimed, her voice filled with gratitude and surprise.

"Idiot!" Reina snapped, turning her attention to the remaining Honkai Beasts. She sliced through several of them with swift, precise movements. "If you're just going to falter, then leave! You're holding me back!"

Sakura paused, her gaze fixed on Reina. Regaining her composure, she stood back up, determination filling her eyes.

She clenched her gauntlet and rushed towards a smaller Honkai Beast, dispatching it with a swift strike.

Sweat trickled down the foreheads of the two first-years as they stood back-to-back, ready for the next wave.

Reina glanced over her shoulder at Sakura. "Good, you're not entirely useless. I can live with that."

"Where did all these guys come from?" Sakura asked, her breath heavy as more Honkai Beasts approached.

"Who knows," Reina responded sharply. "Just stop talking and focus on beating these guys up. They're a threat!"

Sakura nodded, understanding the urgency. The sheer number of Honkai Beasts was baffling, but they had a job to do. They would eliminate any threat, regardless of its origin.

Unaware of the true reason behind the overwhelming wave of Honkai Beasts, they pressed on.

Meanwhile, others were facing their own battles...

The sound of a katana clashing against Honkai Beasts was unmistakable. Raiden Mei’s body radiated with purple lightning as she cut through multiple Honkai Beasts in one swift motion.

"Takemikazuchi!" she shouted. Lightning struck the Honkai Beasts surrounding her as she moved with incredible speed, slicing through them. The beasts seemed suspended in time for a moment before collapsing to the ground, defeated by her powerful strike.

As Mei turned, she was greeted by more Honkai Beasts flying toward her. She narrowed her eyes, steeling herself for the next wave.

"Where are all these Honkai Beasts coming from?" Mei muttered, tightening her grip on her katana.

Suddenly, a Honkai Beast attacked from her side, wielding a blade. Mei swiftly reacted, her katana clashing against the beast's weapon. Her expression remained focused as she moved her feet, kicking the beast to stagger it before slicing it down to the ground.

But there was no time to rest.

More Honkai Beasts were approaching, and she knew she had to keep fighting.

"All these Honkai Beasts..." Mei's expression grew worried, but not for herself. "Kiana-chan, Bronya-chan, Hana... I hope you three are okay."

Besides Mei, Sakura, and Reina, others also found themselves thrust into the chaos.

On the far side of Hyperion, Theresa Apocalypse and Einstein battled fiercely against an overwhelming wave of Honkai Beasts that had blindsided them.

The Oath of Judah blazed with light, its chains lashing out to immobilize the Honkai Beasts.