Chapter 47 - Doing The Right Thing

When speaking about others and himself, Wan will always find himself putting others above him. He would always quote on quote "sacrificing" himself for everyone else, not only those close to him but those he thought deserved every chance to live, a chance to watch the future with their eyes. It's not that he doesn't have any self-respect for himself but it's just that he sees other people as someone who has more potential than him. Like Mei or Kiana, he strongly believes that they are both more significant in changing the world for the better than he is, if a decision comes and it is up to him to make such a decision, then he will do anything for them to survive.

But of course that meant he would accept the death bestowed upon himself.

From the first day Kiana Kaslana met Hoshino Wan under that bus stop, she always found him to be a little too kind to others especially herself. Before arriving in Nagazora, Kiana had gone through various places in search of her father and throughout her journey, it was very difficult for her to find someone who was truly kind to her. Being scolded is nothing new to Kiana, it's something she deals with every day. But that changed when he met Wan, it was the first time she had someone other than her father who actually don't mind about her happy go lucky attitude, even though all she did was laze around in their apartment, Wan never really scold her except he only advise her.

Even so, he never raised his voice to her.

And Kiana will never forget the moment Wan went to great lengths to save her when she was kidnapped. She still remembers, it was only five days since they met but Wan had already gone to a long distance to save her life, that day was the most memorable day for her..

But it was not only because of Wan's sweet and kind attitude towards her but also because of other things,

Because that day, was also the day she saw Wan's death with her very eyes.

'WAN-SENPAI!!!!!!!!!!'

That day may have passed but there was never a day where Kiana hadn't stop to think about it. After all, it was originally because of her that Wan experienced his very first death. From that day on, Kiana promised herself that she would do anything to ensure that such a cruel fate would never happen to Wan again.

But she failed,

Many different times.

And now standing right in front of her was Wan who was waiting for his death again, to say Kiana was frustrated with him wouldn't be enough. She wished that Wan would stop being like this and actually care about himself for a while, did he really think that this was what she along with everyone wanted? For him to suffer more than all of them?

She loves Wan but at the same time she is so sick of Wan "selfless" behavior.

"Wan-senpai!" Kiana screams in frustration. Even though Himeko and Fu Hua warn her that it is not wise to approach him, she does it anyway. "It's me! Kiana!"

Kiana held and shook Wan's shoulders, she was desperate that things wouldn't end the way she thought it will. "Wan-senpai! Come onnn!!! Wake up!"

Wan slowly turned towards Kiana and their eyes met. However, Kiana's heart was broken when she saw Wan's eyes were not the usual ones she would always saw. There was no sign of him being there, it was also not the same Wan who would always pamper her, love her, and even deal with her constant annoying behavior with gentle attitude.

"Wan-senpai!" She hit Wan's chest with all her heart, Kiana Kaslana refused to believe that Wan had lost himself just like that. "If you don't wake up right now then I'll get angry!'

But no matter how many times she tried to wake him up, Wan's eyes showed no sign of him waking up ever again.

Hoshino Wan, has completely lost himself.