Chapter 55 - Not A God

Two hours after the devastation that had occurred in St Freya and throughout the entirety of Soukai City, the nearest hospital that had survived all the damage was filled with injured civilians. There were hundreds if not thousands of them who suffered as a result of the fight between Wan and The First Herrscher. To make matters worse, many innocent souls had to suffered Houkai Radiation when Wan entered the 'Iisheae' state during his battle.

However, it didn't take long for Shicksal's to take legal action, Otto has already sent units to help clean up the destruction that had been caused and St Freya has already started it's rebuilding.

Mizunoki Shinobu and Murata Himeko were the ones helping all the civilians who were injured and suffered from Houkai Energy Radiation while Theresa immediately helped with all the destruction that had taken place.

Fu Hua went to the nearest hospital to sent some specific individuals who needed treatment as soon as possible. That being Kiana Kaslana, Raiden Mei, and Bronya Zaychik who are currently being treated in the emergency room.

But she was not the only one there.

Fu Hua walked down the busy hallway, there were many nurses and doctors treating all the injured civilians. There is barely room to treat everyone so they have to go as far to treat them in the hallway. Fu Hua herself wasn't in the best shape but compared to the trio, she didn't suffer that much of a damage.

She had bread in her hand along with a bottle of water, she walked past everyone and headed towards Wan who was sitting on the floor just right outside the emergency room where the three were being treated.

"Here." Fu Hua handed a piece of bread to Wan who took a quite the time to take it from her hand. She looked at the boy closely and noticed how for the past two hours Wan had not spoken a word and his expression was not as she usually saw it.

Fu Hua looked around for a moment before sitting down next to Wan. "How's the bread?"

Wan didn't answer and just nodded his head as a response, basically it was his way of saying that it was good.

"..hmm." She looked at the water bottle in her hand. To be honest she already knew what made Wan in such a mood, she was there right before Wan finished The First Herrscher after all. "Hey Wan."

Wan glanced at Fu Hua as he took a bite of the bread she gave him, he raised his eyebrows slightly as a way to ask why did she called for his name.

Fu Hua hesitated as to whether she should say what she wanted to say, she was afraid Wan wouldn't take it as well as she thought he would even more so considering that he would definitely disagree with what she was about to say. But, she can't let Wan stay in this situation forever, he's still young.

"You did a very good job, saving everyone."

He stopped eating his bread and slowly lowered his head to the floor, a chuckle escaping his lips before he finally said something after whole two hours of not saying anything. "I didn't save anyone, class monitor.."

"You certainly did, you have defeated The First Herrscher." Fu Hua disagrees with Wan. "If it wasn't for you, who knows how much more damage could have been done."

Right after she said that, the silence filled their conversation as Wan just continued to looked down without saying anything and the same goes for Fu Hua who didn't utter out a single word after what she said. It was after a few more minutes that Wan slowly looked back up as he then finally says something.

"Say class monitor, can I ask you a question..?"

"You can Wan, go on ahead."

The boy slowly turned his head to look at Fu Hua, he gave her a sad laugh before asking her. "What does victory really mean in a battle like this? Is it when one defeats the enemy? If so then what am I really fighting for.. am I only here to defeat the so-called 'bad guys' and let everyone around me suffer from damage that I did just to defeat this 'bad guy'? No really who exactly is the bad guy here?"