Chapter 43 - Knight Moonbeam

[Some Time Before Wan Arrived..]

"I thought you guys are studying?" The question brought up by Wan was not answered by his two friends who seemed to be playing video games rather than studying. "Kiana? Bronya?"

Yet again he didn't receive an answer, were they too focused on with whatever they were wearing right now? 'Is those things really VR tho?'

Out of pure curiosity, Hoshino Wan walked up to the two of them as he began examining the Homu virtual device that was on top of Kiana's head. On the Homu's butt there is a mark that reads 'MK-I' or whatever that's supposed to mean, while on Bronya it reads 'MK-II'. Wan tried calling their names again but they were as still as dolls, almost like their souls were in a completely different dimension now.

"Bronya." Wan went to the chibi, he gently tapped the Homu's device on her head only to receive no response like before.

He turned back to Kiana and walked towards her, he also tapped on her helmet but just like with Bronya, nothing seems to worked. He likes to think that they are just playing a game but then again they are as still as a rock, can you even play a game without making many movements? Is there even such a game? He needed to asked Hana about the game world more often once she came back to the dorm.

"Kianaa~" He waved his hand in front of Kiana's face, her eyes were open but there was no light in them. "Your Wan-senpai is here ya know, no clingy behaviour again?"

No answer, again.

Wan stopped, he held his chin as he began to think, he didn't know why but he began to feel worried. The boy grabbed Kiana by the shoulders and shook her. "Kiana, ohh Kiana! Can you hear me?" He shook her multiple times but all his attempts was useless. "Kiana wake up."

Now he was actually getting worried, he just felt that something was wrong and he was missing something that he should know. Should he try to remove the device from their head? No, that's way too risky of an action especially without knowing what the consequences will be if he did so. If it was about involving himself in danger and accepting the consequences of his actions then he would be willing to do it but this was someone else's life he was talking about, not to mention it's the people's he was very close to, Kiana Kaslana and Bronya Zaychik.

But nothing he does seems to caught the attention of Kiana and Bronya, so what is he supposed to do now?

"Hoshino,"

Wan was startled by the voice that suddenly reached his ears, he looked around the room for a moment until he eventually realized that it was the usual voice he always heard whenever he was in his supposedly 'death'.

"It's you again." Wan said, it's been a while since he heard this voice more specifically around two months ago before he even start his training with Himeko. That is why, if the voice appears right now then it must mean something. "What is it?"

"I'll keep it short, Bronya Zaychik and Kiana Kaslana is in danger."

"Danger?" Wan raised his eyebrows in surprise, the worry in his heart was bubbling up and the voice basically confirmed that wrong has indeed happened. "Right now?"

Wan turned to his two friends again, they remained in the same state as before with the Homu virtual device still attached to their heads, at a glance it was impossible to tell how exactly they are in danger. "How are they in danger?"

"They are in the virtual world at the moment, although they mean no harm at first, they are trapped in the hidden history of the Kaslana family. In that hidden data, unlike the previous virtual worlds, they are more human than they are program."