2.4 - Save the cabbage plan

The sky is dawning and the fog is lingering.

It was just dawn, and under the white sky, the early morning hills were shrouded in a thin haze. Many people were still immersed in the good dreams they had last night.

The woodshed with green bricks and tiles at the entrance of the village was opened from the inside. As the door opened, the heavy old-fashioned wooden door made a creaking sound, and the dew frost from last night fell off the long jagged green leaves of the grass next to the house.

Zhou Ruiyuan walked out of the woodshed holding a smaller wooden basin in ill-fitting clothes. He wanted to prepare today's breakfast before the woman got up.

The water in the water tank in the woodshed had been used up yesterday, so this morning he could only carry the wooden basin towards the small pond not far away.

Because the clothes were extremely ill-fitting and he was afraid of stepping on them and falling down, his cuffs and trousers were rolled up many times and tied with straw ropes. His exposed slender arms were covered by the cold night air that had not completely faded away. It brushed by, making him shiver from the cold.

When he came to the small pool, Zhou Ruiyuan lowered his body and poured the biting cold water into the basin. With his red hands, he mixed the pool water with the millet and washed the rice grains.

This pool of water is living water. It used to be the only source of water for the entire small mountain col. However, in the past two years, many people have dug their own wells, so not many people come here.

After pouring out the rice milk and scooping out fresh water, Zhou Ruiyuan carried the wooden basin back to the woodshed where he lived.

Pour the pool water and washed rice grains into the iron pot and light the stove. He sat in front of the stove and watched the fire.

For two years, Zhou Ruiyuan only knew that this place was called Jiuwan Mountain, but he could not find the specific province or city in his mind.

After the man got sick and died, the woman kept him under strict control. Since he escaped and was caught for the first time, in order to prevent him from escaping again, she tied him up with an iron chain for more than a year, with a big lead ball tied at the other end. When I do housework, I take that big shot put with me.

Perhaps seeing that he has become more honest in the past year or two, and that women are becoming more and more lazy, after leaving all the housework at home to him, they untied the chains for him not long ago.

After being released from the ban, Zhou Ruiyuan did not try to escape again. It was not because he compromised, but because he knew that he could not escape now.

Although he only escaped once, Zhou Ruiyuan remembered every detail of this only escape very clearly. The mountain road here is too long, and the temperature difference between day and night in the mountain is too big. With his current small arms and legs, there is no way he can escape in the sky. Hei Qian walked out of the mountain. If he spent the night in the mountain, he would just freeze to death on the road.

In addition, there was no internet or telephone connection here, and the whole mountain was claustrophobic and backward. He couldn't even make a call for help. Although the woman often tortured and beat him, Zhou Ruiyuan never thought of dying from the beginning to the end.

Only when you are alive can you have hope. If you die, there will be nothing.

He couldn't die, no matter how painful or difficult it was, he would have to wait until he had the ability to endure it, and endure it until the day when he had the ability to escape. At that time, he would make her pay a sufficient price.