8.20 - The distance between the protagonist and the villain

In the small laboratory, the glassware was icy cold. A man's whole body was tightly tied to the operating table, and a transparent infusion tube was connected to the man's right arm.

At this moment, dark blood was flowing continuously along the infusion tube and into the blood bag next to the operating table.

On a table not far from the operating table, there were several bags of sealed blood, which at first glance looked no less than 800ml.

Beside the operating table, Fengqing wore gloves and looked at the people on the operating table with a mocking look on his face.

"Even if you are reborn, Cheng Yimo, you will still be in such a miserable state."

Cheng Yimo's face on the operating table was slightly pale, but his eyes were like the deep sea under the curtain, and it was impossible to see what he was thinking.

"Teacher, where are you?"

"Oh, teacher?" The smile on Fengqing's face was extremely weird, "You actually called Ji Chenru teacher. Cheng Yimo, have you forgotten that you killed Ji Chenru with your own hands?"

Cheng Yimo choked for breath, his usually calm pupils suddenly shrank sharply, and the fist at his side tightened sharply. This was the wrong decision he made in his previous life.

If the oath seemed like a warning, Cheng Yimo said word for word: "I will never hurt the teacher again."

At this moment, there was a chaotic sound outside the door along with the sound of obstruction. However, the words were interrupted in less than three seconds, and then the door of the laboratory was pushed open forcefully from outside.

The two people who were secretly fighting in the laboratory turned their heads almost at the same time.

The moment he saw the person in his eyes, his pupils contracted at the same time.

Ji Chenru! ! !

In this fleeting moment, in the past five years, the thoughts and emotions that Cheng Yimo had suppressed for countless days and nights burst out.

The pursuit, the rebellion, the abandonment, the depravity, the madness, the destruction... All the images from the past have all turned into the longing face not far away.

On the operating table, Cheng Yimo stared at the man with red eyes, as if he wanted to cross the barrier of time and see clearly all the details and details of his personal participation in the past five years.

The man was haggard, his brows were furrowed deeper, and the smile that always hung in his eyes was gone. But even so, he couldn't change the fact that in the past few months, that man had left an imprint deep in his mind. bit by bit.

Teacher, after five years, I finally see you again.

When he saw Cheng Yimo on the operating table not far away and the bags of blood not far away, Chu Jingran's expression suddenly changed.

Without any time to think, he rushed to the operating table as quickly as possible, pulled out the blood vessel from the man's arm, turned around and shouted: "Do you want to kill him!!!"

Damn it, did you notify me when my blood was drawn?

Fengqing didn't care at all about Chu Jingran's words and out-of-bounds actions. Anyway, for him now, blood was enough for the time being.

Smiling, he said casually: "I have always been very familiar with the only person with light powers in the apocalypse. I have heard that there is no cure for him. I just want to see if he can heal himself."