4.5 - I'm tricking you into not explaining

The tips of Yan Jiaxuan's ears were red, and he replied half-truthfully, "Mother is not allowed to go out."

The most important thing is that I didn't dare to come. It was so embarrassing that day. How could I have a nosebleed in front of Zhuo Zhuo, even though I was really excited and Zhuo Zhuo got wet (covering face)

Chu Jingran knew what he was thinking and didn't tease him, "It was still my fault that day. I shouldn't have taken Jiaxuan to such a dangerous place, otherwise I wouldn't have suffered like this."

"No, no, no, it was me who accidentally fell down because I didn't look at the road. It's none of Zhuo Zhuo's business. Don't feel guilty, Zhuo Zhuo."

Chu Jingran shook his head and called his servants to bring over the medicinal materials that he had prepared before, "Originally, I wanted to have them delivered to my house that day, but it was delayed due to some things. Jiaxuan came here and handed it over to you personally. ."

"Send...to me?" Yan Jiaxuan's eyes were starry.

"Yeah." Chu Jingran nodded.

Yan Jiaxuan's face immediately burst out with a strong sense of surprise. This is the first time Zhuo Zhuo has given me something, so is this a token of love? (Dense fog)

Thinking of the etiquette taught by his mother in the past, Yan Jiaxuan directly took off the piece of mutton-fat white jade from his waist, handed it to the person with the tips of his ears, and said in a stern voice: "This is for you."

When Chu Jingran saw this, he knew that the young master was thinking too much. These days, he discovered that Yan Jiaxuan, besides being simple, also had a habit of thinking.

This jade pendant looked very valuable and might even have special meaning. How could he accept it? He said somewhat dumbfounded: "This is just my concern for Jiaxuan as a good friend. Jiaxuan doesn't have to give it back."

Yan Jiaxuan looked at the person innocently and aggrievedly, "Mother said courtesy should be reciprocated."

Now it was Chu Jingran who didn't know how to answer the question. It was definitely not possible to deny what the fifth princess said, but it was even more impossible to accept it. After thinking for two seconds, he said: "It is true that courtesy should be reciprocated, but even though what I am giving is... It's a gift, but it contains sincerity and concern for Jiaxuan. If Jiaxuan really wants to give something back, then taking good care of yourself is the biggest gift in return."

Yan Jiaxuan looked at the jade pendant in his hand, then at the person opposite with a slight smile on his lips, and finally took the jade pendant back unwillingly.

While the two were chatting lightly, a servant hurriedly walked in at the door and whispered in Chu Jingran's ear.

"The governor of the state government sent someone to report that someone wanted to re-register the name 'Sichuan Restaurant' in the state register, and at the same time plagiarize the names and related names of our six famous dishes."

Hearing these words, the depth of meaning in Chu Jingran's eyes flashed away, and at the same time, a slight smile appeared on the corners of his lips.

Lin Haotian congratulations, you are in jail!

...

After nearly a month of traveling, Lin Haotian finally arrived at Lin'an City. He opened the bamboo curtain of the carriage and saw the majestic bluestone walls of Lin'an City. Soldiers wearing light armor and holding weapons stood on both sides of the city gate. During the busiest market hour of the day, countless people entering the city lined up in front of the city gate to undergo inspection when entering the city.