4.18 - Finally, I regretted it! (End)

Until he was held in his arms, Chu Jingran still didn't realize. This person was... Yan Jiaxuan?

It's no wonder that Chu Jingran didn't recognize him for a moment. Yan Jiaxuan had changed so much. If he before going to the battlefield was a seedling that was carefully watered by countless people in the greenhouse, then now he is a grown-up tree. The green pine that has grown into a towering tree, no matter in terms of temperament or other aspects, is not even a tiny bit different from before.

Looking at the face in front of him that has slowly grown towards a man, Chu Jingran said: "Yan... Jiaxuan?"

Yan Jiaxuan bent his eyes and nodded, "Yes, yes, it's me. Zhuo Zhuo, I said before the end of the year, I will definitely become a general and come back to marry you. Now I'm back."

Recalling what was said in the letter, the corners of Chu Jingran's lips curled up uncontrollably, but now... his smile faded.

Yan Jiaxuan, a thick-headed man, didn't see anything abnormal about him. Instead, he dragged the person to aggrieve him, "I came back a long time ago, but I haven't found you after looking for you for a long time. The prince's cousin also didn't tell me about you." Where are you? You've been avoiding me every day these days. If you showed up two days later, I would have ordered the army to search every house. But luckily you finally showed up. By the way, Zhuo Zhuo, where have you been these days? ?"

After hearing the question, Chu Jingran looked sideways and said after a while: "Something happened."

"Unexpected, Zhuo Zhuo, are you injured?" After speaking, he immediately pulled the person to look left and right, looking extremely nervous.

Patting the person's hand, Chu Jingran smiled and said, "It's okay now." But after he finished speaking, he thought of something else and said, "Jiaxuan, could you please help me go to the city to find a doctor?"

"Doctor? Zhuo Zhuo, you... are you sick? What's wrong with you? No, please lie down quickly. Lie down. I'll go to the palace to fetch the imperial doctor for you right away. Just wait."

After grabbing the person who was walking out, Chu Jingran shook his head in the face of Yan Jiaxuan's anxious and confused look, "Don't ask for an imperial doctor, just go to the city and ask for a doctor."

After a pause, he turned his gaze elsewhere and said, "I...may be sick."

...

The doctor was checking the pulse beside the bed. Yan Jiaxuan was so nervous that he didn't dare to breathe next to the doctor. After a long time, the doctor glanced at Chu Jingran on the bed and withdrew his hand. Just when he was about to speak, Chu Jingran suddenly covered his mouth and let out a burst of laughter. The violent coughing made Yan Jiaxuan next to him jump in fright.

"Zhuozhuo, how are you? What's wrong with you?" Yan Jiaxuan asked while stroking the person's back to help calm the air.

Shaking his head, Chu Jingran said: "Jiaxuan, could you please help me bring the lotus seed porridge stewed in the kitchen? My throat suddenly feels uncomfortable."

"Okay, I'll go right away." After saying that, he turned around and walked out the door.

After pushing the person away, Chu Jingran turned his attention to the doctor, "Doctor, what's wrong with my body?"

...

When Yan Jiaxuan brought the lotus seed porridge back to the room, the doctor had already left, leaving Chu Jingran alone half-leaning on the bedside in despair.

"What's wrong with you?"

Chu Jingran's body froze slightly at first, then he slowly turned his head and ran into the complicated eyes of Yan Jiaxuan next to him.