8.7 - Routines and counter-routines

The little nurse, who obviously couldn't stand the protagonist's views, turned and left after bandaging. Chu Jingran hurriedly approached, "Cheng Yimo, are you okay?"

Hearing the familiar voice, Cheng Yimo stiffened first, then slowly raised his head.

Chu Jingran's pupils tightened, and Tong Jin could not help but reveal shock and distress, mixed with a lot of anger.

Although he knew that the person must be very miserable this time, otherwise he would not be admitted to the hospital, but Chu Jingran did not expect it to be so miserable.

There was no normal skin color on the entire face, and it was either bruised or stained with blood. Most of the white T-shirt on his body was stained with dark color, and there were still clearly visible footprints on the clothes on his abdomen.

The person sitting on the bench at this moment was still looking straight at him with his unclouded eyes, not even a hint of blame could be found in them.

Looking at the person in front of him who showed an angry expression for the first time in front of him, Cheng Yimo felt a little warm in his heart and opened his lips and called out: "Teacher Ji."

Three simple words brought back Chu Jingran's mind, "How could you end up like this?" After saying this, Chu Jingran seemed to have thought of something, and reflexively blurted out, "Did your dad beat you again?"

Under the scrutiny of others, Cheng Yimo pursed his lips and nodded. Seeing this, Chu Jingran immediately took out his cell phone, "I can't continue to tolerate rape like this, I have to call the police."

Just when he was about to dial, a hand suddenly stopped Chu Jingran's dialing action, and when he looked up, it was Cheng Yimo opposite him.

Under Chu Jingran's puzzled gaze, Cheng Yimo's eyes filled with cautious pleading, "Don't call the police, dad... doesn't want to."

Chu Jingran said angrily: "I didn't mean to beat you like this. This is not the first time. Cheng Yimo, is there a hole in your mind? You are still defending him now. If you continue to indulge him like this, he will I'm really going to beat you to death!"

Facing the angry Chu Jingran, Cheng Yimo fell silent. After a while, he said in a low and hoarse voice, "...Teacher Ji, I'm sorry."

Taking a deep breath, Chu Jingran raised his chest and said, "You shouldn't say sorry to me. The person you're most sorry for is yourself."

After nearly three seconds of blankness, a low and trembling voice came, "I know, but... he is already my... last relative in this world."

The red-eyed boy raised his sparkling eyes, "Although he keeps beating me now, he was very good to me when I was a child. He would make toys for me, ride me as a horse, and take me to the park to play. , and he would also buy me candies... I remember all of these, so even if he beats me now, in my heart, he is still my father."

"But if I lose him too, I will really be the only one left in this world. So, teacher... please, don't call the police."

All Chu Jingran's blaming words were stuck in his throat when his eyes touched the tear-filled eyes, and he couldn't say a word.

At this moment, he seemed to understand why Cheng Yimo had such a virgin-like character in the play, never expecting anything in return.

This is a disease!

Seeing such a fragile child who lacked love and was still very sick, Chu Jingran's face was filled with endless distress. He carefully took the person into his arms, patted the person's back like a coaxing child and whispered softly: "You won't be alone." If you are alone, from now on, you will still have a teacher."