4.8 - Pretending is an important skill

The carriage stopped in front of the Meng Mansion, the curtains were opened, and Lin Haotian stepped on the wooden stool and got out of the carriage.

After a conversation with Chu Jingran that night, Lin Haotian took a stake in Meng's store and became the veritable second-in-command of the Meng family. Chu Jingran not only handed over all the trivial matters of the Meng family to him, but also gave him the power of the Sichuan restaurant. Got him.

Seeing the other party trusting him so unconditionally, Lin Haotian only felt complicated in his heart. On weekdays, he faced Chu Jingran's full expectations. He worked all night long every day. Even in his dreams, he was thinking of ideas to develop the branch. Finally, he worked hard in Lin Haotian. Thanks to our efforts, the first branch of Sichuan Restaurant was officially opened in Lin'an City half a month ago.

As the person in charge, Lin Haotian was so busy on both sides that his feet never touched the ground. For half a month, he slept less than three hours a day. Lin Haotian swore that he had never worked so hard in his entire life.

Fortunately, after so long, everything in the branch was on track. He also returned to the Meng Mansion for the first time nearly half a month later with the branch's account book.

After learning the location of Chu Jingran from his servant, Lin Haotian went all the way to Li Pavilion in the west wing.

Although it is summer, the sky in Lin'an is not irritating at all. The chirping of cicadas at noon adds a different kind of noise to the bright sun.

Just as he was about to approach the west wing, Lin Haotian suddenly heard the sound of a clear piano, gurgling like running water.

Lin Haotian's feet that were about to step into the west wing stopped slightly, and he turned his attention to the pavilion not far away.

The cornices are upturned, the hexagons are towering, and the golden glazed tiles are shining dazzlingly under the sunlight. In the pavilion, Chu Jingran is wearing a moon-white brocade robe, and his fingertips like jade carving are rising and falling on the guqin in front of him.

As the jade fingers flicked, the sound of the piano was like a butterfly spreading its wings, fluttering its agile wings and suddenly flying away.

In the pavilion, he half-closed his eyes, focusing on the rise and fall of his fingertips. The splendor of the afternoon squeezed in along the graceful green bamboos beside the pavilion, falling slantingly on his body, as if passing through a burst of glazed golden light. untrue.

Behind the stone arch, Lin Haotian's eyes were always fixed on the person playing the piano in the pavilion. He was silent, neither anxious nor restless, and there was a bit of darkness and uncertainty in his stern eyes.

It wasn't until long after the song ended that Lin Haotian at the corner calmed down, adjusted his subtle expression and walked out.

Hearing the noise, Chu Jingran turned his head. When he saw the person coming, he smiled and said, "I was thinking of going to the branch to have a look this morning, but I didn't expect you to come here on your own initiative."

Lin Haotian said: "The accounts happened to be paid out today, so I just took some time off." As he walked into the pavilion, he saw at a glance the purple and vermilion-lacquered guqin on the stone table. If it's not perfect, it will look like it was made by a famous artist.

After getting along with each other in recent months, Lin Haotian knew very well that although Chu Jingran was happy to paint on the occasion, he did not like to play the guqin so elegantly, let alone spend a lot of money to make the guqin. So the origin of this guqin...