Seventy-Four

Peter plated up for Evie, and sighed as he did, forcing the smile to remain on his face as she walked in to the main room. His eyes strayed over to her, seeing that she was still happy. Though Evie never told them much of her visions, she was still firm on the fact her mother and papa would return. Peter wanted to believe her, but the fact it had been almost a month since the incident with Grant dream walking, and Charley had taken Loki with her to deal with the situation.

Peter put her plate down in front of her as she sat at the table, her smile beaming at them all as she cut into her waffles... 'Sometimes I feel we should bottle your cheeriness..'.. He sat down opposite her, and picked up his coffee.

'No one wants to see you this cheery..'.. She gestured her herself with her fork and a mouthful of food... 'You're irritating enough for everyone with your bad mood, bet its even worse when you're cheery..'

'Don't talk with your mouthful..'.. He shook his head, watching her.

She swallowing her food and shrugged... 'You know, I'm the one who's six, but you're the one pouting like a kid pops. Do you want to act your age, and leave the tantrums to me?..'

Chuckles and sniggers broke out until the others began to laugh loudly... 'You want some aloe for that burn?..'.. Peter turned his head to Pietro who was smirking.

'Shut up..'.. Peter huffed.

'Evies got a point, I mean, she is the youngest here and she acts more grown up than most of you..'.. Parker says as he drops in the seat next to Evie and nudges her shoulder with a smile.

'Blame mama..'.. Evie cut another piece of waffle... 'She always told me to be honest, and if people don't like what I say, it's a them problem. I shouldn't change who I am to make others happy, and if they don't love me for me, then they don't deserve to know me..'.. She shoved the waffle in her mouth, humming as she did.

'And she's right kiddo..'.. Tony sat at the head of the table, smiling down to Evie... 'You are perfect as you are..'

'I'm starting to feel sorry for whoever you end up with..'.. Peter muttered, shaking his head.

'You don't want to know..'... Evie smiled sweetly across to him.

'You're six! You shouldn't even being seeing things like that..'.. Peter almost dropped his cup.

'Again, I know my age, so leave the tantrums to me. And I only saw my wedding..'.. Evie grinned.

'Jesus christ..'.. Peter dropped his head into his hands, while the others continued snickering.

'Who do you marry Evie?..'.. Pepper asked from next to Tony.

'I'm not saying, I don't want anyone knowing yet..'.. Evie tells her and eats more food.

'Fine. Do you know when your mom is coming back or is it still the same answer?..'... Peter got up to pour another coffee.

'Soon. They be back soon..'... Evie always gave the same vague answer, and it irritated Peter to no end. Not that he was irritated with her, just that Charely and Loki were there, not to mention she was pregnant with his kid.

'Hey..'.. He looked over as Maria walked in, and he could see how tired she was. Since the incident, Steve had not been the same. He had become quiet, withdrawn and even though he would say he was fine, it was clear he wasn't. Nat had taken over control over the team, as she was the best one for the job right now. Tony was focused on Pepper and her pregnancy, Maria was taking care of Steve.