Seventy-Nine

*Christmas 2019*

Charley laughed, as the kids tore through their presents, her hands wrapped around her cup as she sat on couch. Loki had Evie in his lap, and Sophie was in her father's, as they were all on the floor. Her eyes strayed around, watching Bucky with Jamie in his lap, the little boy clapping his hands at the toy car that lit up and made noises, to her dad with Morgan, rolling her eyes at the little Ironman onesie he was putting on her. Steve was also on the floor with his son Charlie, shaking his head at the Captain America onesie Tony got him, to match Morgan.

She looked over to the couch opposite, to the three pregnant women, Wanda with twins, as well as both widows, who had gotten pregnant within a week of each other, both due in the new year. Charley was excited for them, they both deserved this happiness, they all did.

The world was pretty much at peace and the missions now were few and far between. New Avengers were brought in, the children attending school, and the team, her family, were finally having the lives they deserved.

'Mama! Look..'.. She turned to Evie, holding up the spiderbot that Parker had built for her... 'Its my new pet!..'

'That's so cool. Uncle Peter did amazing, right?..'.. Charley smiled across to her brother, as he sat with May.

'Hes a genius! Just like me..'.. Evie smiled smugly... 'You and grampa are getting really old, and we can do things better than you..'.. Laughter rang out, and Charley just sighed. She'd started admitting defeat against her daughters quips.

'Hey, I'm not really old..'.. Tony leaned over to poke his granddaughter... 'Take that back..'

'Grampa, I'm eight. I built you a better, faster and lighter suit in less than a day. Yours was really bad..'.. She stuck her tongue out at him.

Charley knew the truth, her dad was one of the few that were taking a step back from the Avengers life, knowing he wouldn't be needed as much anymore, and he didn't want to miss out on any more time with his kids.

Steve was ready to step down, not that anyone else knew aside from her and Maria. He was going to be passing the shield onto Sam today. Bruce was retiring but staying on in the compound to run the labs with Helen. Clint had fully retired and his protégé Kate, was spending Christmas here with them all. Yelena and Pietro had retired from avenger life, but they were on their own missions, to recruit new people to the team. Both liked the idea, of having to travel the world, bring in the new ones.

Her Peter, he had taken a position as a physics teacher at the school, something which he enjoyed doing. Loki on the other hand, he made it clear he wouldn't stop with the team, he was enjoying it too much. Charley now ran the compound, finally feeling at home in this world.

'What are you thinking about?..'.. Her mom asked from next to her.

'Finally taking a breath..'.. She took her mothers hand, leaning her head on her shoulder... 'Just seeing them all right now, I feel it, we're home..'

She just watched for the next hour, and laughed along with the children's excitement, the gifts everyone had. Evie had gotten up, to climb on her lap... 'Mama?..'

'Yeah baby?..'..

'I see something. Look..'.. Evie took her mother's hand, placing it to her forehead with a smile.

Charley never looked into Evies visions, but this time she did, and she saw everything. All the happiness, her children's futures, every moment, good and bad, but nothing that made her worry... 'I wanted you to see..'.. Evie cuddled into her... 'I wanted to give you peace..'.. Charley wrapped her arms around her daughter, placing a kiss to the top of her head, as she held back tears.