3-10

"Great Hall. That's where we're going to sleep tonight."

A/N: the time lines a little messed up but I'm including in everything in POA since it's such an important year to spark romance between Draco and y/n.

"What's gotten you peasants blocking the way?" I heard Draco's voice fade in as I walked up the stairs leading to Slytherin Dormitories alongside Pansy and Daphne. "Well, move on then." Daphne scowled, pushing past few of the second years as she made way for me and Pansy to get to the top. Isolt Sayre; the portrait of the Slytherin dorms was.. missing?
"What's going on?" I took a step to the side, heading the sharp voice of a Slytherin prefect. She was a tall, skinny blonde— no doubt a pure blood. "Sayre is gone." A fifth year shouted in her direction as the blood from her face immediately vanished.
"P-professor Snap—" she quickly turned around, almost bumping into Snape as he strode along the stairs with Dumbledore.
"No one enters the common room." Dumbledore stated, his voice thin with panic as the rest of the portraits whispered in horror of what was about to unfold upon Hogwarts.
"Filch, round up the ghosts. Find the woman." Snape ordered, his gaze as sharp as a dagger. "No need for that, professor." Filch answered, pointing up at something near the Gryffindor dormitories. I turned my head as so did the rest, gasping in horror. Everyone began rushing upstairs, some giggling as if this were a joke, some panicking, the others crying for their parents.
"Isolt— who did this to you!?" Dumbledore asked, his mouth gaping open as we saw the four portraits of all four houses hiding in a frame as the rest of houses gathered around. "Eyes like the devils, he's got." Ignatia Wildsmith; portrait of Ravenclaw spat as she hugged the Fat Lady in hopes to comfort her. "And a soul as dark as his name." She continued. "It's him, headmaster. The one they talk about." Isolt sighed normally, as if nothing was happpening. As if everything was normal, okay, fine. "He's here, somewhere in the castle." Hepizah Smith said next, a quick shiver down his body. "Sirius Black." I gasped, unaware of how loud it may have been as I clasped my hands to my mouth. Sirius Black. No, no, no, no, no. He's here. He was here. In these halls, roaming. Looking for me. For Harry.
"Y/n?" I heard Pansy say, her voice slowly fading away as my mind took over millions of thoughts. Sirius Black. Here. For me. To kill me. "Y/n." I heard again, this time a voice I couldn't familiarise with. Sirius. Black. Here to kill me. I am going die. "Y/n!" I snapped out of my thoughts, feeling the weight of someone's hands on my shoulders. Draco. "What are you daydreaming about? We've got to go." He rolled his eyes, grabbing my arm as the voices of other students quickly faded in. "Going? Where?" I whispered, my head throbbing— well, my scar. "Great Hall. That's where we're going to sleep tonight." He sighed dramatically as if it were a torture.

Not soon after the thousands of students had brought snacks and sleeping bags, dawn was upon us. The Great Hall was shut with only the voices of laughter and whispers as students sat next to their friends. I sat beside Pansy as she put her head on my shoulder, her hair in a thick braid. Daphne across her next Blaise and Theo. Draco and Enzo were the last to come, their bags full of wizard snacks as they dumped it on the seven sleeping bags we arranged side by side. "This is going to be one long night." Draco sighed, sitting down on my right. "Where the puking pastries?" Daphne asked, scrambling through the snacks. "Shit, I forgot those." Enzo answered awkwardly. "One job, Berkshire." Daphne groaned. "Hey, do you know how hard it was to sneak into Hogmeade so late?" I smiled, genuinely as they bickered and everyone spoke. I let out a sigh, maybe I'll be okay. Just maybe.
I spotted the chocolate frogs, reaching for them as Draco did too, our fingers sliding against eachother's before I pulled my hand away. "Sorry, go ahead." I gestured him to take it, taking a Quick look at Daphne who was busy singing along with Theo. Draco grabbed the the pack, pulling out the frog before it escaped before turning to me. "Card or frog?" He asked, "err, frog." He rolled his eyes playfully before gesturing me to open my mouth. "I'll do it myself, Draco." He rolled his eyes again, "just open up, Potter." I sighed, opening my mouth as he put the chocolate in it. Sweet. He glanced at the card; Salazar Slytherin. "Here." He said, giving me the card. "I already have many of those." I smiled, "how sweet of you, Draco." I said, taking the card from him as I examined it. "Consider it charity, Y/n." He teased as I hit his arm playfully.
I looked up— shouldn't have. Daphne was glaring at me. Merlin, did she seriously mean stay away from him?