6-4

"Do you think you could introduce me to your friend Y/n?"

DRACO MALFOY POV:
I remained still as the class clapped for Potter. My gaze quickly shifted to Y/n— her hair was messy, sleeves folded up, her robe laying on the chair behind her, shoes stained with ingredients and she had a scowl on her face. Becuase of me, I assumed. I never got the chance to ask father if anyone could come over this summer. Not with Voldemort forcefully giving me the Dark Mark.

Once class ended, I grabbed my bags immediately heading out. "Draco!" I heard her say. I stopped for a moment, turning back to face her. "What?" I muttered. ".. are you okay?" I bit the inside of my cheek. No, I wasn't okay. But instead of telling her that, I nodded my head. "You don't look okay." She sighed softly, taking a step closer. "I said I'm fine, Y/n." I didn't mean for it to come out so harsh— but whatever kept her away from me.

The next thing I want is Voldemort asking me to harm her.

She remained silent for a moment, opening her mouth to speak before I turned around, fastening my pace towards the Common Room. "Pureblood." I muttered as the doors opened and I let myself in.

I looked around, Daphne. She was laughing with Theo and Pansy, acting normal even after what had happened. It wasn't just me who got the mark— Enzo and Daphne had also gotten theirs. No doubt Enzo had gotten his much earlier— Bellatrix being his mother and all. That was the reason I had not spoken to him. He'd hid the fact that she was his mother from me for our whole lives.

Daphne, on the other hand, looked a little too happy getting hers. She was going to be a problem.

I heard the doors opening behind me as I turned around. Y/n. She looked up at me for a moment before Pansy invited her to come sit.

I made my way up to my dorm, locking the door behind me.

Y/N POV:
"Pureblood." I said as the doors opened. Ironic, really. A halfblood in a house which's password for Pureblood.
I entered the Common Room, my eyes landing on Draco who was just standing there. We held eye contact for what felt like ever. "Y/n! Come here." Pansy shouted, forcing me to tear my gaze away from Draco. I gave her a smile, nodding my head as I walked over.

I sat beside her as Daphne went on and on about her summer. My eyes landed on Draco again who was practically running up to his dorm. I sighed, leaning back slightly.

🎸

Today were the quidditch tryouts. Theo had begged Pansy to come watch him play and so she dragged me along. "Uhm.. Pansy? Did Daphne tell you anything about her summer at the Malfoy's?" I asked as we sat down on the benches, just a seat above Hermione. "Sort of. About it being.. different, if I remember clearly." She said. I furrowed my brows. "Different?" I asked. "Something like that. It was just her and Enzo there this time. Some important family business they had to attend." I nodded in understanding. Maybe something happened at home with Draco.

THEODORE NOTT POV:
I looked up, squinting my eyes at the benched before spotting Pansy beside Y/n. I gave Pansy a little wave as she returned it with a thumbs luck, probably wishing me good luck. As if I'd need it, though.
"Uhm, Theo, right?" I heard, turning around to face them. "Yeah? Who are you?" I asked. "Cormac, uhm.. do you think you could introduce me to your friend Y/n?" He asked. I scrunched my nose slightly.

Pathetic Gryffindors, "sorry mate, I'm afraid Malfoy would kill me if I did." I said. He raised a brow. "Their.. a thing?" He asked again. About that, I wasn't really sure. "They've kissed like a hundred times so I'd think so." I said. He poked his tongue to the inside of his cheek before turning away.

I rolled my eyes, turning my attention back to Blaise who was calling us for tryouts.

Y/N POV:
"Who's that Theo's talking to?" Pansy asked, snapping me out of my thoughts as I leaned down slightly to see. "Ah, Mclaggen. The Gryffindor." I said. She nodded.

"Come on, Nott!" The crowd cheered for him— the loudest being Pansy, of course. I looked around the ground, my eyes landing on Mclaggen who was already looking at me. I rolled my eyes, shifting my gaze to Ron and Theo.

🎸

The crowd cheered as Theo won the game. Pansy quickly ran down, giving him a hug which he warmly returned. I smiled, feeling happy for my best friends. I just wished I knew why Draco was acting so distant all of the sudden.