5-5

"What does it look like I'm doing, Potter?"

"Y/n.." I panted, looking around for where the noise was coming from.
It was some sort of a snarl..

"Y/n.." I turned around immediately. Nothing.
I was being teleported somewhere— no, multiple times.
Was that a door?

Voldemort. I could feel myself open my mouth to scream.
But no voice was heard.
Just a breath.

In a blink of an eye, Voldemort disappeared.
There was someone behind me.
I could feel their cool breath on my skin.

"Y/n. My daughter." I heard the voice say.
I immediately turned around but I was too late.
The shadow had disappeared.

I panted again, feeling myself sit up.
I looked down at my hands, they were trembling. "Just a dream." I sighed, holding him head in pain. I touched the back of my neck, wiping some sweat.
My shirt was practically drenched in sweat as I got up, wearing my slippers and walking into the washroom.

I held the counter tightly and looked into the mirror. My eyes narrowed as I stared at the familiar bruise on my neck. My hand trembled to touch it— but I did. And it stung.
I looked around for a clock. 6.15AM.
Better get ready for school a little early then.

I brushed my teeth, did the usual stuff, slipped into my robes and quietly left the washroom. There was still another three hours until my first class started. I walked towards my bed, grabbing my bag, pushed a few books inside and left the dorm.

🎸

I walked into the school library— not expecting anyone to be up so early. But Draco was. I narrowed my eyes at him. His hair was ruffled, he was wearing his school shirt, pants and his tie was undone. He sat on a far away table with his robe fallen down.

I slowly made my way towards him. As I got closer, I was able to see what he was doing. What he was reading. There were piles of books on the same topic on his table while he flipped through pages rapidly.
'A Dark Mark: and what it means.'
'How to get rid of the Dark Tattoo.'
'The Dark Lord and his History.'
'A guide on surviving as a Death Eater.'

What? Why was he reading this? "Draco?" I muttered, he snapped his head up. He shut the book he was reading, placing it on the table. "Why are you up?" He asked with a frown, standing up.
"Uhm.. I wanted to read. Why are you?" I asked. He rolled his eyes, pushing his blonde hair back. "What does it look like I'm doing, Potter?" He muttered, grabbing the books quickly and shoving them in his bag. "Why are you reading.. those books?" I asked. "General knowledge." He answered simply.

"Those are really specific, though. A Dark Mark? Isn't that Voldemort's sign.. or something?" I asked again, setting my bag down. "Merlin's Beard, Y/n." He scoffed, glaring in my direction. "Are you always this nosey?" He asked harshly. "Sorry." I scoffed softly, sitting in front of him.

He sat in his seat, quiet for a moment. "Sorry. Somethings.. going on at home. I was just angry and I took it out on you." He said, explaining himself. "It's okay, I understand." I said, taking out one of my books on curses. He nodded in response, pulling out the book he was reading earlier.

We remained quiet, digging through our books. I flipped the pages, looking for any curse in which The Dark Lord might need a 15 year old's permission to kill another teenager. Stupid, I know.

🎸

After about another two hours, I looked up at Draco— to find him already looking at me. I immediately shifted my gaze back in the book, sinking in my chair a little. From my peripheral vision, I could see a little smile form on his lips before he spoke. "It's already 8, best if we get going now." He sighed, shoving the book back in his bag as I did the same.

I pulled my bag on as we walked side by side, out of the library. The hallways had already been filled with students going to their classes by now.

With a light conversation engaging us, we finally reached class. I sat beside him with Enzo and Daphne behind us.
"Look at this!" Patil said as she used a charm on an origami bird to fly around class.
Once it reached me, I blew lightly on it, lifting it higher while Draco and Enzo pulled out a handmade slingshot, hitting it. I rolled my eyes.

Within the next second, the paper burst into flames, falling on my desk. "Good morning, children." Umbridge squeaked. "I have a strong feeling I won't like her." Enzo said. "Ordinary Wizarding Level examinations. O. W. Ls." She said, parting each syllable. "More commonly known as, OWLS!" I rolled my eyes at her. She spoke to us as if we were pre-schoolers.

She then used her wand to hand out the books. I read the title; 'Defense Against the Dark Arts: for beginners.' I'm sorry, for beginners? Draco raised his hand, "yes?" Umbridge said.
"There's nothing in here about using spells?" He asked, raising a brow. "Using spells? Dear Merlin, I can't imagine why you would need to use spells in my classroom!" She said, Draco scrunched his nose.

"We're not gonna use magic?" Weasley asked. I didn't realise Harry and Weasley were sitting right in front of us. "You'll be learning about using spells in a secure, risk free way!" I rolled my eyes at her.
"What use will that be? If we're going to be attacked, it won't be risk free." Harry scoffed. "Students will raise their hand when they speak in my class, Mr. Potter." Draco and Enzo let out a little snicker at Umbridge's response.

I raise my hand, "yes. Ms. Potter?" Umbridge asked, clearly irritated by my presence. "Uhm.. how are these books supposed to prepare us for what's out there?" I asked. "There is nothing out there, dearie, who do you imagine would want to attack innocent children like yourself?" I scoffed loudly ad her statement. "Voldemort, perhaps?" I asked as the class fell into utter silence. I could feel Sallow's glare on me, but I did not care.

"Now, Ms. Potter. Let me make this quite plain." She gritted, "you have been told that a certain Dark Wizard is at large again. This is a lie!" I gaped my mouth open at her words. "It's not a lie, I saw him, I fought him!" Harry shouted. "Detention, Mr. Potter!"

"So you're saying Cedric Diggory dropped dead on his own account? Or that I had part in his death!?" I narrowed my eyes at the woman furiously. "Cedric Diggory's death was a tragic accident." I shake my head at her, "it wasn't an accident, Voldemort killed him! I saw it with my own eyes!"

"Enough!" She shrieked. "Ms and Mr. Potter. My office." I rolled my eyes, leaning back in my chair with a scoff.

"You can be scary sometimes, Y/n." Enzo snickered.