5-4

"Nobody was there the night Diggory dropped dead."
"What exactly are you insinuating? That I've killed him?"
"You said it. Not us."

One thing I will never hate is the feast at Hogwarts. I looked around the Slytherin table, everyone was helping themselves to a plate full of endless choices whilst we waited for Dumbledores grand speech.

Just as I took a plate, I heard whispering beside me. I turned my head to see a few third years murmuring about me. Ah, I forgot that I'm a liar now.

"Good evening, children!" Dumbledores voice rang through the hall. "Now, we have two changes in the staffing this year." He said. "Let me guess, a new DADA professor?" Pansy whispered in my ear to which I laughed.
"We're pleased to welcome back Professor Grubbly-Plank.. who'll be taking care of magical creatures since Hagrid is on temporary leave." I furrowed my brows. "Oh, good riddance." Draco huffed. "Still not over that chicken, are you?" I asked, taking a bite of my steak to which he rolled his eyes. "I could've died." He said, causing us all to chuckle.

"We also wish to welcome our new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher—" Dumbledore stated, making Pansy hum. "Called it." She said. "Professor Dolores Umbridge." I narrowed my eyes looking for her— although it wasn't very hard to spot the extremely pink lady.

Dumbledore began going over the usual speech before a little squeak interrupted him. The hall silenced, looking in Umbridge's direction.
She stood up gracefully, walking over to the podium. "Thank you, headmaster, for those kind words of welcome." She said. "And how lovely to see all your bright faces smiling up at me." I looked around the hall to find nothing but frowns. I couldn't help but snicker softly at that. "I'm sure we're all going to be very good friends."

"That's likely." Theo and Pansy say in unison. "Although each headmaster has brought something new to this historic school.." she paused, looking at Dumbledore for a moment. "Progress for the sake of progress must be discouraged!" I looked back at the group to find a scrunch of Draco's face. "Let us preserve what must be preserved.. perfect what can be perfected! And prune practices that ought to be prohibited." At this point I stopped listening, taking a sip of my juice.

The crowd clapped slowly while Theo leaned in. "What's this supposed to mean?" He frowned. "It means the Ministry's interfering in Hogwarts." Daphne answered.

🎸

I walked into the Slytherin Common room with Pansy. The rest had already reached.
After a moment, I looked around to see everyone's eyes on me. I tried my best to ignore the lot but it didn't work out.
"Sebastian, Hannah. Good holiday?" I asked the couple.

"Alright. Better than Sebastian's anyway." Hannah said, smiling at me awkwardly. I nodded back in response. "My father said I shouldn't go to Hogwarts any longer." Sebastian said, standing up. "Why's that, Sallow?" Pansy glared at the boy. "Because of her." He said, pointing at me. "The Daily Prophet's been saying a lot about you and that stupid Gryffindor brother of yours." Another student said.

"And what? You believe them?" I snapped. "Nobody was there the night Diggory dropped dead." Hannah said slowly— almost like she was blaming me for his death. "What exactly are you insinuating? That I've killed him?" I said, my voice getting louder. "You said it. Not us." Sebastian said, shrugging. "Well, I guess you should read the Prophet then, like your stupid father." I said, glaring at the boy. "Don't you dare—" I quickly cut him off. "I'll go at anyone that calls me a liar, Sallow."

"What's going on?" Draco asked, entering the common room. "She's gone mad, that's what's going on." Sebastian said. "Do you believe the rubbish shes come up with—"
"Yes. I do." Draco said, cutting him off. Thank Merlin I have him on my side. The school practically worships him. "Do you have a problem, Sallow?" He asked, earning a head shake from sallow.
"No. Sorry, Malfoy."

I walked up to my dorm with Pansy behind me. "Are you alright?" She asked. I nodded my head, "I will be, thank you, Pans." I said, giving her a half hearted smile.
I sighed before speaking again, "there's something I have to tell you. But you can't- at any cost, tell anyone." I huffed, sitting on the bed while she sat on hers across me. "I won't, Y/n." She said.
"Do you promise?" I asked again, earning a scoff. "Come on, Y/n. I'm your best friend." I smiled at her. She's right, I could never question her. "Okay. Uhm.. they day I was at the Graveyard.. something happened." She raised her eyebrows at me.

"What did?" She asked. "Voldemort. He told me that.. well.." I stammered, "spit it out, Y/n." I rolled my eyes slightly at her impatience. "He told me that I'm not a Potter." I said, looking up at her paused expression.

She blinked at me once, trying to speak but nothing came out. "What?" She said softly. "I'm not Harry's sister. My parents were not Lily and James Potter." I held my head in annoyance. "Oh, my god, Y/n. Are you joking?" She asked, getting up and sitting next to me. "This is not something I would I joke about.." she nodded her head at my response, pulling me in for a hug.

"I know, I'm sorry." She said. "Do you know who your parents are?" I shook my head. "He told me that I'd find out only if I let him kill Harry." She furrowed her brows at me. "Why wouldn't he just kill Harry.." she asked. "I have no idea." I sighed, falling back on my bed.

"Have you spoken to Black?" She asked. I nodded again, "he's certainly hiding something from me.. but what? I don't know. He won't tell me."
"I think you should speak to him. About why Voldemort needed your consent to.. well. Kill Harry." She said. "You're right." I folded my arms, getting up and walking towards my desk. "I'll help you find out too. We'll spend our night at the library today." She said with a smile. "Thank you, Pansy."