6-5

"It was Malfoy."

"Everyone's coming, Y/n. Come on!" Pansy groaned, pulling the blankets off of me as she tried to convince me to go to Hogmesde. "Is Draco?" I asked. She paused, "he's been awfully depressed, that guy. You could probably convince him to!" I rolled my eyes as she pulled me up. "Please?" She asked again with puppy eyes.

I was already dressed up with opaque, knitted tights. A skirt and a full sleeve top. Daphne and Enzo had already left, it was just Draco who I needed to convince. I slowly knocked on his door as it creaked open.
"What do you want?" He muttered. His face was pale, as if he hadn't eaten in days. He had deep eye bags and his nose was red. "Uhm.. we're all going to Hogsmesde—" I said before he cut me off. "I'll pass." He said quickly.

I paused for a second, "please? It'll be fun." I huffed. He rolled his eyes, opening the door a bit more. He opened his mouth to speak before staring at me, as if he was deep in thought. "Okay. I'll come." He said. I raised my eyebrows. That was quick. "Give me a minute." He muttered before closing the door.

I could hear clothes shuffling in the dorm for a minute before he opened the door again. "Let's go." I heard him mutter.

🎸

The four of us walked towards the Three Broomsticks. Theo and Pansy were engaged in their own conversation while Draco seemed to be abnormally silent.

"Over there, come on." Pansy said as we walked towards a small table. Draco paused for a moment. "What's wrong—" he quickly cut me off, "Nothing. I'll be back, give me a minute." He said. That was a little too quick. My gaze lingered on him for a moment longer as he began walking towards another table.

"Y/n, come on. Sit." Pansy said. I nodded, taking a seat opposite to the two. "Four butterbeers." Theo said to the waiter. Draco caught my attention once again as he left the store. I sighed. "Just three." I corrected as the waiter nodded.

"Ah, Ms. Potter!" I heard, turning around to face Slughorn. "Oh, hello, Professor." I smiled, shaking his hand. "How are you all?" He asked, glancing over at Theo and Pansy who smiled. "All fine." I sighed. "Right, so. I am throwing a supper party, Granger and Harry will be coming. Will I be seeing you there?" He asked, I nodded my head. "Of course, sir." I said. "Splendid. Look for my owl." He said before turning around to leave.

"You seriously wanna go?" Theo asked, taking a sip of his beer. I shrugged, "it'll be a distraction away from Draco. Why not?" I said, giving him a sarcastic smile. "Reminds me, Mclaggen was asking for you. Wants to get on a first-name basis." He snickered, I rolled my eyes. "Gross. Y/n's already dating Draco, isn't she?" Pansy huffed. I nodded my head slowly. "Mhm." I hummed as they went back to their conversation.

I took one last look around, Draco was nowhere to be spotted. What was his deal?

Another five minutes later, Pansy grabbed her bag as we got ready to leave. "Hey, isn't that your brother?" Theo asked, spotting at Harry with his arm intertwined with Pansy's. Best if I give them some privacy. "Yeah, I'll see you two later." I smiled, waving at them before walking towards Harry.

"Did you hear what she said back at the pub about me and her snogging?" I heard Ron mutter into Harry's ear. "About you and who snogging?" I asked, startling him. "Y/n, hey." Harry smiled, I smiled back.
Hermione quickly put her arm around me. I laughed lightly. "What's gotten into you?" I asked, she shrugged before we heard a frightening scream.

"I warned her. I warned her not to touch it!" A girl said, standing over her friend's unconscious body before it began moving left and right. I took a step back in fear as it flew up. Her mouth was wide open as she fell back down. "Don't get any closer!" Hagrid warned as Harry took a step back.

He picked her up in his arms. I looked down at a necklace in wrapping. "Don't touch that, except by its wrappings." He warned again. I nodded, cautiously picking it up by the wraps.

🎸

The four of us stood in front of Snape and McGonagall as they examined the necklace. "You're sure Katie did not have this in her possession when she entered the Three Broomsticks?" McGonagall asked, looking at her friend who nodded. She left to use the loo, and when she came back she had the package. Said she has to give it to Dumbledore." She said. "Thank you. Leanne. You may go." McGonagall sighed as her friend turned to walk away.

Her gaze then shifted to us. "Why is it when something happens it is always you four?" She huffed. "Believe me, Professor. I've been asking myself the same question for six years." I sighed. Snape slowly lifted the necklace by his wand. "What do you think?" McGonagall asked. "I think Ms. Bell is lucky to be alive." He answered in monotone. "She was cursed, wasn't she?" Harry asked. "I know Katie. off the pitch, she wouldn't hurt a fly." He added.

"Yes, she was cursed." McGonagall said. My eyes went back to Snape who was quiet, in deep thought. "It was Malfoy." He said again, my head snapped in his direction. "You have got to be kidding me." I scoffed. Harry looked back at me for a moment with a gulp. "That is a very serious accusation, Potter." McGonagall said. "Indeed. Your evidence?" Snape asked. "I just know." Harry shrugged. "You just know?" I ask, my eyes narrowed.

I huffed, turning around to walk away. I get it, he didn't like Draco. But these accusations? They were over the line. Low, even for him. Draco would never do that, I know him.

He wouldn't.
Would he?