Video Game Rage (The Joker x Reader)

"Dammit!" You screamed.

Your long-time friend had beaten you in your sixth round at Mortal Kombat. You thought you were good, but that was before you challenged him.

He didn't even know how to hold the controller two hours ago. You had beaten him then, but your skills had been taken down.

"Are you sure you don't want to quit?" He laughed at your rage.

"No! I have to beat you. You're obviously cheating, stop cheating!" You yelled at him.

He had simply laughed at you and started another round.

You chose Jason Vorhees this round. He was, in your opinion, the best in the game. With his machete and mask, he was definitely creepy. And very over-powered.

"Jason, really (Y/N)?" Joker asked.

"What? At least I'm not cheating," you knew he wasn't. You just wanted to believe he was, because you did not want Gotham's most dangerous criminal to beat you at a simple game like Mortal Kombat.

Joker has been the only one who had beaten. You challenged almost everyone, except Bane, Ivy, and Killer Croc. Ivy thought that the game was a waste of time and had simply declined your offer. Bane and Killer Croc wouldn't have played if they wanted to, their hands were too big to hold the controllers.

You've beaten them all but Joker. And you were determined to defeat him.

And so, the game had lasted fifteen minutes, with five rounds. It was customized so it wasn't its usual three rounds, or two if one had beaten you twice.

You lost, to your dismay. You grumbled, stomped on the floor, and even threw a small punch at Joker's arm. He laughed at you again. You were acting like a child, but he found it hilarious. More hilarious than any of his jokes.

"This is not funny, J. How would you like it if I beat you constantly? Laughing at you every time you lost?!" You were getting angry, but you knew you'd get over it.

"Alright, alright. We'll do one last round," he started the round again, five rounds.

You didn't choose Jason Vorhees this time, you chose Baraka. You knew he was good, and you played as him a lot. You knew all his special moves, combos, and his regular moves.

"Get ready to lose, Mr. Jester Of Genocide," you laughed, teasing him.

He chuckled and starting throwing punches at your character. Joker chose Reptile, the acid-spitting and invisible character.

A few minutes went by and it was near death, for both of you. It was one hit before you'd die, like The Joker.

Then, you did it. You threw your spam of punches at his character, which dropped dead on the ground. Your eyes went wide and you dropped your controller. It seemed almost as if it were slow motion. You threw your arms up and cheered.

"Aha! I beat you! Not so good now, huh? Uh-huh, I beat you!" You cheered and laughed at his face. He was obviously not happy. He had his arms crossed and face scrunched, like a child even.

"You weren't saying that when I beat you before!" He fired back, but you didn't care.

"That was before I beat you. But, who cares, you're defeated! I guess you're not so tough," you snickered at him.

He suddenly stood up, throwing the controller, making it give a crashing sound. You knew it didn't break, they were durable. The Joker walked out of the room. But before he walked out, you called after him.

"Hey! Where are you going?!" You watched him walk away angrily.

"Going to rob a bank! Maybe even kill someone! I'll show you how tough I am," he mumbled the last part, but you laughed.

Sitting down on the couch, you held the controller that you picked up before he left.

The Joker had anger issues, you knew that. But, who would you challenge next?