Last-Minute Confessions (Scarecrow/Jonathan Crane x Reader)

I remember thinking boys were gross, immature, and confusing. They still were, but I had grown a liking to them. One boy in particular. Actually, scratch that - he was a man. His name was Jonathan.

His personality was confusing. Usually, he'd be stone-cold and heartless, then at times he'd be a big teddy bear that'd you'd want to hug when sleeping. And then, sometimes, he'd turn into an angry, quick-tempered maniac.

He once got angry because I had accidentally dropped one of his fear toxin bottles. It was an accident, but I laughed when he got angry at me. He'd thrown every single curse known to man at me. I knew he hadn't meant it, which made me laugh. But he forgave me and apologized after that night.

"(Y/N)," Jonathan called. His voice coming from the doorframe of our bedroom.

"What?" I said, not looking up from the book I had been reading. I would always try to avoid eye contact with him. I found out that I would always get caught in his light blue eyes. As much as I loved them, I hated getting caught in them.

"(Y/N), look at me."

I didn't want to. But he had come to our bed, sat in front of me, and lifted my chin as well as my head. I didn't know why he was doing this or what he even wanted. But I got caught in those damned blue eyes. My eyes locked with his.

I was always jealous of his eyes. They were the colour of clear sky and as bright as the sun. I loved that.

"What? What do you want, Jonathan?" I asked. He tilted his head, to the left, a bit and damn him. He looked so darn cute, I wanted to kiss him. But I knew he didn't like when I kissed him randomly. His dark frames of his glasses looked so perfect on him, but I still preferred them off.

"Are you angry?" He asked me. He pushed himself back a bit, away from me. This made me wonder what or why he asked.

"No."

"Are you angry with me?"

"No."

"Do you want to move away?"

"No."

"Do you hate me?"

"No. Jonathan, why are you asking me these questions?" I had finally put away the book I was reading before he interrupted my time with it. I sat up, finally really looking at him.

"I'm just-- I'm just having a weird feeling about us," Jonathan said and I almost gasped.

'Had he wanted to end this relationship?'

I knew Jonathan. And I knew that he wasn't the one for relationships - committed ones anyway. It had taken a long time for him to finally grow a liking to me, an even longer time to start a relationship. He hadn't even kissed a girl before I came into his life.

"Is this-- Are you--"

"No."

Before I could even ask what I wanted to, he answered. He obviously knew what I was going to ask, and he obviously knew the answer.

"I'm not ending this relationship. I just want to be sure if you want it to continue."

My eyes brows furrowed. "Of course, I want it to continue. Jonathan, you can't jump to conclusions from bad vibes. I'm okay, you're okay. We're okay," I didn't care about what he didn't like and finally kissed him, quickly but heavily. It had been awhile since our last kiss. Jonathan liked his space but had too much of it. Truth is, I wanted to be part of his space. I wanted to be part of his life. I wanted to be part of everything he was. I wanted to be part of everything he stood for, his title, his life, his name.