Worth The Wait - REQUEST - (YoungAdult!Damian Wayne x YoungAdult!OC)

"C'mon, Damian, can we got back to the hotel? My feet hurt," She pouted. She have spent the whole day with Damian and his family. Family as in Jason Todd, Tim Drake, Dick Grayson, and Bruce Wayne. Even if Elizabeth was having the most fun, her feet hurt and she couldn't stand the thought of walking any further. Maybe she'd have Damian carry her to the hotel.

Being at Disney World, Orlando, it was filled with people and most of them were kids with their parents or grandparents. Elizabeth would usually see some teenagers making a fool of themselves, also.

"Elizabeth, it isn't even dark yet," Jason said. To her disbelief, he seemed to be having the most fun. He played all the games, collected and bought all the toys and she laughed at how scared he was on one of the rollercoasters - in the end, he wanted to go for another ride.

"But I'm tired," Elizabeth pouted again. She didn't want to ruin the mood, so she just decided to wait. Maybe she were just hungry or thirsty.

"We'll leave soon, I just want to go on one last ride," Damian spoke, grabbing a hold of Elizabeth's hand. Being his girlfriend for two years, she loved him and would do anything for him. Her girl friends had always teased her about him asking about marriage, but Elizabeth thought he wasn't that committed. She had hoped so, though.

"One last ride," Elizabeth repeated, making Damian and the others nod.

"Another ride!" Jason smiled and fixed his Mickey Mouse hat. For an adult, you would have thought he was mature and didn't want any of the things he bought but, Elizabeth thought it was adorable at how he wanted to play with all the Disney toys.

Tim wanted some of his toys, but Jason refused to share. Dick and Bruce were like the Fathers in this, they made sure everyone didn't almost kill themselves while playing the games and made sure Elizabeth went to the washrooms with someone so she wouldn't get lost. Of course, Bruce was the mature one and refused to go on any rides but Elizabeth has somehow convinced him on going on one ride - it was the one Jason was terrified of. Bruce had enjoyed it, and she actually seen him have fun on this whole trip.

Dick had gone on a few rides, but didn't buy any of the toys or play the games. Women had come up and talked to him and Bruce but they evaded any contact with anyone but the group.

From knowing them for so long, before Elizabeth became the girlfriend of Damian. She learned that Bruce was Batman and the others were former Robins. She were surprised, because, well Bruce was freaking Batman and it was the perfect cover.

"Oh, god, not the big one," Dick said as everyone approached a rollercoaster. Apparently, Dick was also afraid of the ride, even more than Jason.

"Elizabeth, will you go with Tim and get some popcorn?" Bruce asked, as she knew he wasn't going to be on the ride.

"But, if I go and they're in line, I'll miss the ride," as much as she wanted to leave, she didn't want to miss a ride.

"I promise you won't," Damian smiled at his girlfriend.

Elizabeth nodded, making Bruce come along with her. He simply followed with a nod and smile.

"Do you think Damian has been acting, um, a little weird?" She asked, once out of earshot with the others. She only asked because she thought he had been very weird within the last few days. He'd been very nice - not that Elizabeth didn't like that - but never cracked jokes or his dumb laugh that she loved. She did mind not having these small things, but she loved Damian for who he really was.

"I think he's just going through some stuff. Y'know, deciding on some things," Bruce gave a reassuring smile and a pat to her back.

"He would've told me about it," she frowned. Maybe he wants some distance? Asking herself this only made her sad, and frown.

"Hey, I'm sure he's not changing at all. He loves you, more than you love him and he's grateful to have you. You don't even know how often he talks about you. The others tend to make fun of him a lot."
This made Elizabeth smile.

"I'm sure I'm just worrying myself for nothing," she spoke more to yourself than to Bruce.

By the time they both had gotten to the popcorn stand, there was a huge line up of people. Elizabeth groaned silently and decided to wait. Within a few minutes, they were already halfway.

"You think Damian will ever propose?" She suddenly asked. This made Bruce give an awkward look. Bruce knew what Damian wanted, a family. But he wasn't going to tell Elizabeth that.

"Maybe, in time," he remained calm as if he were to spill any information if not.

"Well, I hope time is faster than it seems."

They had both made it to the front, and ordered one large popcorn bag. Bruce wasn't going to eat this all by himself, but he knew that the others would eventually want some. When they came back to the ride, only to be surprised and almost screaming - Elizabeth mostly.

The ride had no one in it, but the lights were on and due to it being dark, it was the lightest of all. The rollercoaster had a message on it.

Will you marry me, Elizabeth?

The words were in her favourite colours and she was on the verge of crying out in joy. Damian had walked towards he, going on one knee and pulling out a small dark blue box from his pocket.

"Will you, Elizabeth, marry me? Make me that happiest man on earth?" He smiled.

Of course, she didn't hesitate to say no but couldn't find the words. Instead, Elizabeth nodded and hugged Damian as he stood up.

After two years, Damian had finally proposed and Elizabeth couldn't have been happier. She heard the cheers of others, including the ones who came on this trip with her.

After two years, two beautiful years, Elizabeth knew it was worth the wait.
-----
This is so cute oh my god. Never had I even been so proud of my writing. Of course, I'm usually almost liking them - otherwise I wouldn't post them.